Wednesday, February 21, 2018

No time for a header!

I think I am having candidates remorse for not running for alderman this time . . . . . . . . . wait . . .   nope  nope - just a little gas.  I'm good now, although the cats left.

SO - liberal Columbus shined again with ALMOST a 20% turnout in the almost nothing to vote for ballot (I only had 2 things to vote for).

***************

In other news - looks like FOUR Breweries will be surrounding Columbus soon.  One in Sun Prairie, one in Beaver Dam and 2 in Columbus.  A whole lot of brewing going on.  I need to keg my London Porter soon as I have been procrastinating which, for beer is a good thing.  Brewing is one of the only hobbies where procrastination actually improves things.  Just because you beer is dome fermenting does not mean its DONE.  The yeast needs to clean up after themselves before it falls to the bottom.

If you look at these vessels then have a cone bottom where yeast fall when they die (trub).  It's collected and can be separated easily.

****************

It's looking more and more like GD Roberts will move into the old Countryside Ford building which will be demo'd for a fire station in a few years.  But they will lease the place for 2 or 3 years before a huge expansion.  It's win win for the city and Roberts.  Bravo (if it passes council).

*****************

So the idiots running Wisconsin government decided to give school systems money for buy armed guards.  They can't pay teachers who now must give their lives to save children a real wage BUT can give money for Barney Fife with a gun in schools.

HEY - why not give money to school systems to upgrade their security - OH - NRA (the new NRA are the new terrorists in America) would not like that.

Why not give out assault rifles to EVERYONE so we all can be safer.  KIDDING. 

I was held up at gun point once.  The dude had a pistol pointing at my face.  I worked at a liqueur store on the Wash in Madison and he demanded all my money.  I took it out of the register and before I handed it to him (this really happened) I asked him if he wanted a bag LOL.  No - I really did (he didn't want one).

Was I nervous? Not really . . . until I tried to go to sleep.  STILL, I never thought a gun would have helped. 

OH - the store owner gave me a free beer for my troubles.

****************

The Florida Retirement System Pension Plan is heavily invested in American Outdoor Brands Co. The same company that makes AR-15s,  It owns 41,000 shares of the company.

*****

I STILL think what will bring Trump down (sadly as Pence is SO much worse) will be money laundering.

************

So I have watched far far too much curling this year with so many local people in the Olympic curling team.  This caught my attention

https://youtu.be/jOcYhjIcxW4


The sad thing is I actually understand what she is talking about.

And finally - since current alderman Traxler passed his primary. . . . .



cheers!