Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Hacked and stolen

The Packers - FANTASTIC news.   Wide Receivers are almost a dime a dozen and Jordy was going down hill.  Jimmy Grahm is a FANTASTIC tight end and is EXACTLY what our offense needs a really really good TE - I am REALLY pumped about this addition and while I liked Jordy - this is a business.

*********************

A pineapple express is heading our way. Way way early as it's a week away but the news is that this COULD morph into the 4th Nor'easter to hit the east coast next week.  LOL  :-) 

*********************

But the big news is my Amazon account was hacked and a rather expensive computer processor was ordered without my knowledge. 

I received a package yesterday and opened it . a Intel Core processor?  DJ did you order this?  NOPE.   hmmmmmmm Went onto Amazon and nope - I never ordered anything like this.  Then did a quick peek at my checking account and  $381 came out going to Amazon.   WHAT?

So I started looking around Amazon at my account and could not see anything and then accidentally clicked on a button and . . wait a minute.  A reorder was placed on that same thing this morning (yesterday)  . . in MY name but the shipping address was to a house in Birmingham AL that I seem to live at. 

WELL - called UW Credit union to report this, canceled the card and yada yada.  Then contacted Amazon and they looked at my account and I could hear all sorts of concern and I was transferred to security.  They could see I never ordered the processor but could see an odd reorder to a different address occurred 5 hours earlier. 

I then called the Birmingham police department who pretty much took my information and said their detectives would look into it in a few weeks when they had time.  I told them, the guy is waiting for a package Wednesday. . . . . but they would hear none of that and said the process takes a few weeks.

Why is it police never do anything to protect your personal possessions.  My laptop gets stolen by a computer fix it place here in Columbus (along with at least 7 other laptops) and they won't give it back. I was told, . . . Not our department, can't help you, it's a business so they can steal things (my words) and our hands are tied.  This is a State matter, contact the State, not a local police issue.  It's in the FREAKING back room, just go get it!  Do I need to go all vigilante?  I guess I should have. 

ANYWAY here the Birmingham police could catch a crook but . . . the officer taking down my information was not concerned.  Just doing her job, nothing more.  We might get back to you in a few weeks.

grrrrrrrrr! 

So - I have no Amazon Prime account for a week or so as they scrub my data.

*********************

The Blue WAVE is coming - need I say more?  There are 118 districts up for grabs that are not as red as Pennsylvania.  Lamb, the Democrate only received 80% of the votes Clinton received but Saccone only received 53% of the votes Trump got.  There goes $104 million from donations and Chamber of Commerce money down the drain.   

I expect there will be a flurry of GOP House reps that will all of a sudden decide to retire.   

*******************

45% of Americans feel democracy is the preferred form of government.   4.1% feel Trump is an alternative to democracy. 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/03/support-for-democracy-is-a-partisan-issue-now.html

********