Monday, March 24, 2008

I have little! Crown Point -Waiting to Hear

I am assuming this has been lifted?? OR - must MY people get a hold of Michael Mann and look into this??

Perhaps we can work out some DEAL? I will not go public with this if he can overlook some legal issues with The Book.


----------------------------------------
DJ found an outstanding article in The Portage Daily Register. If you are a history buff interested in Dillinger and Wisconsin it's a must read.
-----------------------------------------
I ordered Public Enemies by Bryon Burroughs (had to - he mentioned me - I feel I owe him). I had been putting it off but after reading the Washington Post's review on Amazon I was really intrigued.
------------------------------------------
Crown Point - I have my people (and I laugh typing that) in place. Hopefully we can get some action/flavor of what is going down . . .down there.

Were they filming Saturday? So far it's been

Columbus WI
Columbus WI
Darlington WI
Columbus WI
Crown Point IN ??

Coming Up

Oshkosh WI
Milwaukee WI
Madison WI
Manitowish Waters WI

Anybody I missed so far?
----------------------------------------------
The MOVIE. This keeps getting better and better. I was told today that Scott, who drove the 1933 Grahm in the movie, would be willing to attend (did not have to twist his arm THAT much) and bring his car.

I bet I could talk the theater owner into placing the car outside the entrance and they could hire a rent a guard for a few hours.

If you are wondering which car that was - it's the one turning to corner. Would that be awesome to have that outside the theater or what!


-----------------------------------------------
Completely Off Topic - Does any one know a good company that will put in a cement patio in Columbus? And at the same time repair a driveway that some uninformed new home owner salted? Suggestions?
------------------------------------------------
I have been watching movies slightly differently lately. I notice things now that I never noticed before. Last night I watched The Kingdom, a very "guy" movie and I thought it was GREAT! I then had to watch the Extra stuff.

One guy says explains the movie saying it's like a bow and arrow. The first 2/3 of the movie they are just pulling back the string with arrow attached, then on the Freeway scene (which is fascinating) they let the arrow fly! THEY SURE DO!

What I notice now are all the little things, the extras, the cars, the details. I have always appreciate how hard it is to make a movie but even more now

Does anyone else watch movies a little differently now?
-------------------------------------------------
HEY - I have some photos of the inside of THE LOST AUDITORIUM.

Remember that plea I had the other day. It was mentioned that I should ask you guys to send one dollar to help me out and to show that you appreciate the blog, just a tiny buck. I thought I could finally get RICH. But then I decided I would rather have you send the dollar to

Public Enemies - Columbus blog
c/o
Columbus Auditorium Corporation
PO Box 365
Columbus WI 53925

Show the city you appreciate how much fun this has been.

Here are some photos of what the Auditorium looks like now once it was rediscovered. Remember - Columbus is only 4,500 strong and this auditorium would really be nice for it's citizens. We just don't have the money to fix it up!




photo's courtesy Todd Frey
---------------------------------------------------
Anyone curious about how they determine when Easter is?

Easter falls on the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox.

There ya go - yea - I'm a full service blog!
---------------------------------------------------
Have you been watching the map of the world where people are logging in from? What happened in South America - it LITE UP over the weekend.

HELP WITH THE BOOK - Here is how

Thats all I have today - I actually have stuff that needs to get done.

For anyone here in Wisconsin it's going to be a pretty active weather week - roller coaster = it's Spring-ter.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NEW STUFF -

First is a link to some photos of the jail in CR

also here is a link to a slide show from the The Times nwi.com this has some older Columbus photos and some newer ones of the jail.

More photos from Crown Point.

Thanks Chuck - glad you could see JD this morning!!

Rod