Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Fish of April Strikes

Todays issue

The Fish of April
TY's amazing adventure to Little Bohemia
News from Oshkosh
I answers somebodies question
I've won the Euro Million Spanish Lottery

---------------------
It seems yesterday's little April Fools joke hit the Marion Cotillard boards in France pretty hard.

I was just looking to if see any sites that were linking to PE-C and came across a forum from France.

The forum reads (translated with using Bable Fish)

Certain sources report that Marion Cotillard would owe abandoned film because of the polemic of September 11. It will be replaced by Miss Better Midler"

Then the COMMENTS that followed (also translated with Bable Fish)!

One would say a fish of April... White beet Midler (the actress which owes the ' remplacer' at 62 years...)

You thinks? Jespere to put this information for nothing but if it is a joke it is really not terrible!

LOL if the actress who must replace it has 62 years it yes is a fish of April!! You saw it when this information?

I do not think that it is true, low in the article it is marked than they want to make a musical of it!!!!!

Veiled the source which is however serious with its practice. Good Ba I surely fell into the part will esperons!

A fish of April played by the team of Blog Public Enemies Columbus which diffused this intox:

After reading the comments I forced myself to comment and then translated it into French - THEN - I translated it BACK to English to see what I actually said.

Here is my reply

LOL - In America on April 1 is one day to play of the jokes of the people. I hope that I did not return you annoyed.

Didn't seem to clear things up a great deal as one person said to watch out for people like me. But most seemed to enjoy being the fish of April.

Of course I could not leave this "fish" thing alone. Was my universal translator on the fritz?

In France the person fooled is known as poisson d'avril (April fish). This is explained as arising from the fact that in April the sun's zodiacal sign is the fish. The French traditionally celebrated this holiday by placing dead fish on the backs of friends. (oh those wacky French). Candy shops and bakeries also offer fish-shaped sweets for the holiday.

The origins of April Fools day is debatable and is a relic with festivities on the vernal equinox, which began on 25 March, old New Year's Day, and ended on 2 April.

It was not until the beginning of the 18th century that April Fools day became a common custom.

In Scotland it is known as "hunting the gawk".

In 1957 the BBC ran a hoax showing the Swiss harvesting spaghetti from trees. They had claimed that the despised pest the spaghetti weevil had been eradicated. A large number of people contacted the BBC wanting to know how to cultivate their own spaghetti trees.

In 1965, the BBC again purported to conduct a trial of a new technology allowing the transmission of odor over the airwaves to all viewers. Many viewers reportedly contacted the BBC to report the trial's success.

In 1998 Burger King ran an ad in USA Today, saying that people could get a Whopper for left-handed people whose condiments were designed to drip out of the right side. Not only did customers order the new burgers, but some specifically requested the "old", right-handed burger.
--------------------------------
TY's amazing adventure to Little Bohemia

Ok so seeing as I have no life what's so ever and work is slow I drove the 2 hours up to little Bohemia today...only to find out they do not open till 5. BUT being the intrepid person I am I stuck around the Nort woods till 5.

Had a wonderful steak and chatted it up with the bartender and the paramedic for the PE shoot, he is from Columbus.

ANYWAY..they are repainting the whole outside. They took out thirty four some windows and put in new old ones. This includes the windows that were preserved from the actual shootout. They packed them double sided with Styrofoam with screws going through the bullet holes to tighten the foam down so the windows would not be damaged(sixty some panes of glass).

They are building fake walls inside where they are shooting so they can do bullet holes and what not. Filming will be inside and out. They've taken all the Dillinger memorabilia out except a suit of his and a long jacket hanging in display cases. Everything modern has been taken out of the place. The bar will be changed to look older and all flat screen TV's will be taken out and furniture from the Voss resort which is period..brought in.

Locals said it looked so different already. They are spending somewhere around seventy thousand on just trees to cover the garage and other things! They are building a old school boat house like there was back in the day. Production is setting up enough squibs or whatever (that make the bullet holes) to do three takes...so thousands of them (people can not use cell phones because they might go off when they have them installed). All in all it was productive.

They are painting the place a darker color and are making the inside darker also. The crane that was mentioned outside is one of those bucket lifts that they are using to point and do windows etc, just like they had in Columbus. They put it up high at night so people do not mess with it cause the place is open at night.

No camera's anything yet but the snow is gone off one portion of the roof that I could see...with plastic over it...this may be for the fixing up they are doing or for other reasons. I guess when MM was up there visiting to check it out the owner took him on a snowmobile ride around the lake to show him everything!

Bartender was not sure when filming would take place but he guessed a couple more weeks...they have done a lot but have so much left to do!

I highly recommend the place for food. I had a Fillet Mignon and it was awesome!

I pretended I was just passing through and had no idea what was going on!:) worked well.

For more photos check out Ty's his photobucket.
----------------------------
Kitty B'gosh reporting from Oshkosh

Flashing signs on Main Street indicating the street will be closed from April 10 thru the 20th.

Talked to some of the people working on the set and here's what I found out:

One of the set guys, XXXXX from California, said they had to have everything done by the 10th. So filming must be starting sooner than previously reported. He said there will be a major transformation of Main Street to be seen by the weekend. XXXX was working on changing out some of the window dressings and awnings.

QQQQ is from Appleton WI and is with security. He says they are going to have explosives on the side of the bank for a big blow out. The wall that is being built around the sundial will be plastered with billboards. And he says the sundial will be coming down. That only makes sense because the top of the point is still visible over the wall.

Some the store windows have little photos taped to them showing what they are going to be transformed into (as with Columbus). I also noticed that all of the stores on Market Street (the street that runs on the other side of Opera House Square [Opera House Square is the green area adjacent to the Grand Opera House] from Main Street) have the transformation photos in their windows. There is also a blue tape in the window of the Water City Grill on Algoma that says "HOTEL"

Satori Imports has a few movie related items in their window that are for sale. One is a Dillinger tee shirt; the other a photo of Johnny Depp that they are calling a poster.

There's an old-fashioned WALGREEN'S sign by the side of the Exclusive Company (say It With Me - sorry, got carried away - rod). Looks like the Exclusive will become Walgreen's. Also saw a truck with a RED CROWN gas station sign in it (HEY - stolen from Columbus). That must be going up somewhere.

The New Moon is getting a new paint job today. The building right next door, House of Heroes, is the old Continental--a men's clothing store owned by Carl Leammle who later became one of the founders of Universal Studios.

Behind the old cycle shop that is being used for set construction I spied a truck unloading some set pieces. They where wrapped in blue covers, I couldn't see what they were.

Kitty - I left the Anastasia Beaverhausen stuff out as it might be secret.
-----------------------------------------
From the Chicago Sun-Times

Depp data: Precautions have been taken to prevent actor Johnny Depp from being accosted by uproarious fan congestion near the set of his latest movie, "Public Enemies," which is now being filmed in Chicago.

• To wit: To keep the Depp machine out of fan depth, film makers aren't allowing him to go into crowds like he did on location in Wisconsin and Indiana recently.

• The flipside: Although they are trying to keep shooting locations top secret, Sneed is told a shoot 'em up scene was shot last week at Surf Street and Pine Grove Avenue in the Lake View neighborhood and a police motorcade transporting Depp, who plays legendary gangster John Dillinger, was filmed at 35th and King Drive Monday night.
---------------------------
Someone asked the question about where I get all this stuff.

Many moons ago in the egg of time I heard about a movie being filmed in Columbus. I was desperately looking for information and finding none. I thought this was a travesty. Here I was in the internet age and I was finding no information.

I decided that what Columbus needed was a nexus of information on the movie. People were like bugs looking for light. (hmmmmm that would mean I am a zapper . . . .well . . you know what I mean).

So I started a small blog.

I emailed Nancy Osterhaus our mayor hoping she would remember me and my Columbus weather station. She did and turned me on to some information and another link to more information.

I launched the site on a Monday March 3rd and had 27 visitors. On Tuesday the 4th I had 133
visitors, Wednesday, 352. The following Monday 544 and one week later 3,542.

Along the way I was making contacts from around the world with people like me. Interested and thirsting for knowledge.

Information was coming in from everywhere, photos, behind the scenes people, personal accounts. All of a sudden I was not having to actually LOOK for information. My job had become sorting out what I was getting.

I was asked where I get the information? I get if from all of you people that are running the blog. All I do is figure out how to put it up in a way that is halfway entertaining.

In the past I have had a number of blogs where I just post what I'm feeling like today, be it lasagna gardens, building a home, my take on news items, sports, poker, my traveling adventures and so forth.

For instance - I had one post called Subprime 101 on my poker blog. I had started an extremely popular poker blog but could not resist installing some of my own Off Topic thoughts.

When I created THIS blog I told myself "I want this blog to be the best source of information on the movie for Columbus residents". Little did I know that this MIGHT be the best source of information for the entire movie! I'm pretty sure I have the attention of Universal (hi guys!).

It is "I" that needs to say thanks to you. It is you that make it fun everyday. I'm just the coal man on this train. I'm always shoveling it. Thanks and I hope the ride is fun. At least the price is right!
-------------
I got an email today saying I had won the Euro Million Spanish Lottery and I was just a few clicks away from claiming my Seven Hundred and Twelve Thousand, Eight Hundred and Eighty Euros.

WELL - I guess I AM the lucky guy aren't I! Be assured that the cash starved Auditorium Fund will reap some of this action and watch out Ho-Chunk because I'm coming up to double it as soon as it hits my bank account.
-----------
The BOOK - I have I believe seven or eight contributers now. If any of you have seen fliker or photobucket or any other web photos with a source - email me. I have gotten some good info in that way. I got an awesome photo of Jerry the Body guard a few days ago.

NEWS - GREAT photos from Chicago

Rod M