Thursday, April 3, 2008

When in Doubt - Depp it Out

I was all set to say - I have nothing, and I would be forced to post some Johnny Depp photos that MAYBE you have not seen. BUT . . . . .

Now I have something.

Rumor is it that Public Enemies - The Movie, will be making Christmas 2008 debut. This sucks a little for our movie party festivities because weather now becomes a factor. Classic car people might not want to venture the drive because of weather concerns and the drive from Columbus and other parts around the U.S. could be treacherous.

It also puts the PE-C Book on a slightly elevated time line. Good for YOU guys, a little added stress for me!

In other news - YOU HEARD IT HERE SECOND! last week

Billy Crudup - who is playing Dr. Manhattan in the movie The Watchman has officially signed on to play Hoover in PE.

If you are not familiar with The Watchman.

The Watchmen was a twelve-issue comic book limited series written by Alan Moore.

Watchmen is set in 1985, in an alternative history United States where costumed heros are real and the country is edging closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union (the Doomsday Clock is at five minutes to midnight). It tells the story of a group of past and present superheroes and the events surrounding the mysterious murder of one of their own. Watchmen depicts superheroes as real people who must confront ethical and personal issues, who struggle with neuroses and failings, and who - with one notable exception - lack anything recognizable as super powers.

Now the question I have is what did Billy Crudup wear in The Watchman ???????

I have the original 12 issues and the term graphic novel has a new meaning on some of those pages.

On another casting opinion. Is it me or is this movie filled with young hunks. Is Mann going for a certain audience?

In another "?" that has been above my head. Has anyone heard of filming dates AFTER Little Bohemia? I know filming was to be concluded at the end of June - what's next?????
---
I need your help. I have seen these photos on a few sites and I had them sent to me from someone who basically said she had a friend of a friend who knew a guy she worked with and had a co-worker take these photos.

I'm trying to track him or her down so I can put them in the book.

The first photo has Johnny Depp (oops - David Wenham) obviously disagreeing with Michael Man on the lunch selection. (I need Wenham photos!!)

I believe he was heard saying "I DO NOT LIKE BROCCOLI"

Here is Johnny coming from the local Subway
(Try the New Tender Roast Beef Sandwich for some guilt free indulgence)


Kitty B'gosh reporting from Oshkosh

April 2: THE SUNDIAL IS DOWN! Repeating: THE SUNDIAL IS DOWN! That's right. The sundial is finally gone. The wall that surrounds where it used to be is starting to be filled up with billboards. Word is the is supposed to be a wall surrounding a ballpark.

The New Moon got its new sign today as did some of the adjoining businesses. One even got a start at new window dressings. Not much changed today at The Exclusive Company(say it with me - damn! I can't stop that - sorry) , but some of the stores on Market Street got new signage. They are also starting to change out the street lights.

Very conflicting information on filming dates. Yesterday my information said Friday the 11th and Monday the 14th. The Oshkosh Northwestern even had the 11th in today's paper! Stopped into Satori Imports today to purchase one of their Dillinger tee shirts. The gal there said they were told the would have to be closed the 16th, 17th and 18th. They are only 2 doors down from the New Moon.

I talked with two gals from Darlington today. They go to UW-O and made a trip home for the filming there. They were in downtown Oshkosh today to check things out.

We are real uncertain as to what dates we are going to see filming. Today we were all hyped up to take off next Friday. Now with the news from the gal at Satori, we're back to being up in the air.

Kitty B'gosh - out!
------------
Personal drivel - you are allowed to skip this.

I am a new gardener. Living in apartments most of my life I never had the opportunity to do real gardening. When we moved into our first house it had flowers but I sort of ignored them.

When we built our house in Columbus I had a clean slate, not even grass. It's like I became a farmer of something. I watched the new grass grow and felt the need to get my hands dirty, I felt the need to take some dirt and taste it (I saw that in a movie once - yuch! why did I do that!).

Then I planted a small garden around the mail box. A few weeks later I made a corner in the back yard into a larger size garden and THEN late in the summer I started on my grand project - a 10x14 raised butterfly garden. Along the way we planted rose bushes and, burning bush's and Autumn Blaze Maple, two clumps of Heritage River Birch and a Don Wyman Flowering Crab.

So now I'm looking at the flower catalogs and getting pumped because I think spring is FINALLY arrived.

Anybody have a Sweet Autumn Clematis?? Do you like it? We're thinking of growing one starting at the base of our deck.

OK - I won't want ot have this blog like yesterdays that went on and on and on.

Rod