Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Trying to Piece Things Together

Well - I've been left dangling so I'm just doing my best to piece info together.

I BELIEVE they are shooting interior scenes near the lake front today and tonight in Chicago. The old Uptown Bank and the Aragon Ballroom are in close proximity as is the lake front.

I do not have a script but have heard from several sources that there have been 21 or 22 rewrites (I heard 22 when I was in Oshkosh and someone on IMDb said 21). I guess 9 or 10 is the average.

Just guessing but I think they are filming meet and greets between Dillinger and Billie and some interrogation scenes but again - I'm flying pretty blind here. So pretend I'm right!

NOTE - I do NOT think filming is over yet in Wisconsin or Columbus but I have no solid confirming news.
----------------------------------------------
----------------------------
DJ news - Down for the count! This Common Cold is like clockwork. Do other countries call this a "cold" also? Man it is really crushing Wisconsin and Illinois.
----------------------------------------------
A funny thing happened on the way to REM sleep.

We built and then moved into our house on June 1st 2007. It is next to the 16th hole of Kestrel Ridge and there is a large mound in front of our back yard that protects us from . . .well nothing actually but it's nice anyway.

Just after we moved in and the lawn was seeded we had a quick 8 inches of rain so the area was pretty moist early on.

But once it dried out a month later, on a warm evening we heard an odd noise. shhh shhh shhh shhh Looking out the window the sprinklers were going off sending mammoth arcs of water into the air on the course. Very pretty and relaxing and all was well. They stopped after 15 minutes and others down the line went off shhh shhh shhh shhh. So relaxing.

We go to bed and are drifting off and I wake up a few hours later shhh shhh shhh shhh smile, and start to drift back to sleep shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh shhh
Wow I wonder what sprinkler that one is

shhh shhh shhh shhh BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM shhh shhh shhh shhh WTF? Are we under attack?

I get up rather quickly and walk into the kitchen for a better look and the entire kitchen floor is soaked with water. I walk onto the deck to see what is going on and see that there is a sprinkler on top of the little hill next to our back yard 20 yards away. AND HERE IT COMES AGAIN!! shhh shhh shhh shhh BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM shhh shhh shhh shhh

WELL - I guess they did not take into account a house being here when they installed the system.

On a bright side our lawn and garden get a regular 0.04 inches of rain every few days and we just make sure we have the kitchen doors closed at night.

What got me thinking about this is that our cat Milo was out the other night and he hangs out by the porch all night. I bet it surprised HIM!! (insert evil laugh).
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
One hundred and thirty five years ago today,San Francisco businessman Levi Strauss and Reno Nevada tailor Jacob Davis are given a patent to create pants reinforced with metal rivets.

Strauss sold dry goods including clothing to gold miners and was the West Coast representative of his family's firm. Davis was a tailor and a regular customer of Strauss's business. He wrote a letter to Strauss about his method of making work pants with metal rivets on the stress points, the corners of the pockets and the base of the button fly to make them stronger.

Davis did not have the money for a patent so he contacted Strauss who loved the idea. The patent was called "Improvement in Fastening Pocket-Openings".

At first they employed seamstresses working out of their homes to create the "waist overalls", but by the 1880s, Strauss had opened his own factory.

The famous 501 jean (which I am wearing today) known until 1890 as "XX"--were soon a bestseller and still are #1.
--------------------------------------------------
Five hundred and two years ago today - Christopher Columbus died his final words were "I wish I could have visited Columbus Wisconsin, just once". His final will asked they his body be bronzed and sent to the Americas to the town that was named after him.

And that my friends is how we got that statue that I FINALLY found on Hwy 16.
--------------------------------------------------
And last but not least - the first speeding ticket EVER was given out today in 1899. Jacob German, operator of a taxicab for the Electric Vehicle Company, became the first driver to be arrested for speeding when he was stopped by Bicycle Roundsman Schueller for driving at the "breakneck" speed of 12mph on Lexington Avenue in Manhattan.
-----------------------

YEA baby - how is that working for you!!

Rod