Thursday, December 1, 2016

Pass the N2O please

Yesterday was rather interesting.  I had a 30 year old root canal that FAILED.  The tooth cracked and I needed to have it taken out.  Luckily I could afford to get a replacement (thanks mom). Since most of you will at some point have to have a tooth pulled here is what to expect.

I took 2 little pills that are suppose to make you sleepy one hour before the proc. I took them and DJ drove me to Madison. At 1:00 I was called in and the assistant asked if I was relaxed.  I said yea but not any more then I was an hour ago. So they crushed up another pilled, added some mint and put it under my tongue.

Then goggles and lastly what I was looking for, a little nose mask with Nitrous oxide.  The Doc said breath normally through my nose.  I was already taking huge lung-fulls of precious N2O, no need to remind me.  He said if I feel my fingers and toes tingling they could turn it down . . . . .isn't that the point? I WANT that!

A couple local shots and I could feel nothing.

WELL - this is not some gentle procedure for sure. Tugging, pulling and all sorts of scraping. Felt zero pain.  About 1/3 of the way through I had them stop and said TURN UP THE N2O.  Doc made sure I said UP and then back to scraping pulling and tugging.

Meanwhile my brain is multi tasking and the two guys in my mouth are now characters in my brain

My dentist was Kumail Nanjiani and he was pretty funny

 
and his assistant was Zack Woods


The odd thing was is that Zack said he had just quit working at Manards last week . . .wait what??  This is a part time job and his other one was working at Manards??

So they are working away and I could tell they were at the PULLING OUT part as my head was being tugged left and right (it was rather fun actually) .

THEN POP, and both guys, at the same time say  said OH and EEEWWWW  WOW!

Never a great thing to hear but I knew what happened.  My tooth had split right down the middle. Still, remember - ZERO pain.  Doc explained that my tooth had "split right down the middle" and came out in halves.

Then the real work started as they had to clean up the area and put in cadaver bone dust to prepare for a new tooth 5 months down the road. The cadaver bone dust actually grows into MY jaw. Now I can explain why I have a split personality.

Finally they stitched everything up.  I heard the Doc tell another nurse "Almost done" and I was literally sad as I was having a great time.

DJ drove me home and I was feeling pretty good.  I figured I would make the important Council meeting tonight with ease.

I get home and put an ice pack on my cheek and lay down for a bit as DJ goes to the pharmacy to get some unneeded vicodin.  It was about 2:30.

The next thing I know is that I'm waking up about 8:00.  hmmmmmm

This morning I wake up and the left side of my head feels like I was sucker punched (I actually know that feeling LOL).

And that is my story.  I'm suppose to take it easy today, soft food, ice packs yada yada.  So - that is the story.

HA -I JUST read pain will be MOST intense 2-3 days AFTER the procedure!  I can't wait I sort of thought I was out of teh woods on that one  :-( 

**************************

Five years ago today I posted on Facebook that a Columbus computer company was ripping me off. Little did I know at the time that 2 weeks later they would literally STEAL my laptop and the local police department AND the DOJ did absolutely nothing to prevent it because it "was a business".

Well, if a business decided to KEEP your car when you took it in for an oil change is that the same thing?  I call it BS.  Can a business steal anything and local police are handcuffed?   More then 8 laptops were stolen.  Can a car dealership steal 8 cars and get away with it?  I guess so!

I never got my laptop back, my identity could have or still can me stolen but the dude might still be in jail as he was caught in another town.  My iPhone was stolen a while ago. The Madison police found it but held it as evidence  . . . then when I asked for it back they could not find it.  FAIL
  sigh
*****************

The British pound contains meat and vegans are NOT happy! Animal fat is used in the production of the new five-pound note.

***************

Interesting game tonight - Dallas the #1 offense with the #27 defense vs, Minnesota the #25 offense and the #6 defense

*************

A tweet can run the globe while the truth is still putting its shoes on."

Trump is trumping how he saved jobs with Carrier . . . .yet fails to mention that Indiana will pay the $700,000 in tax incentives.  BUT - carrier is still outsourcing 1,300 jobs to Mexico.  Trump is spending a LOT of energy making Tweet worthy deals that have a net effect of zero but sound good.

OH and as of January 20th Trump will be able to Tweet EVERY cell phone in the country whether you want it or not because of the WEA network.  Executive Order 13407 says he can and he has mentioned it as a way to get around the corrupt news organizations. He wants to control the media.

Sounds awesome.

OK - time for icepacks