Thursday, October 12, 2017

Downtown Columbus - under construction

Being a cheerleader for our downtown I was excited to see the rain.


This was taken with my phone.  I am curious what I can do with a real camera so Friday when it rains I'll take some shots with a camera.  I also need to take some images of The Kurth.

Picture this with a few trees to soften the hard bricks. 

So the shopping list is 8 trees, one decorative railing, maybe 8 nice trash cans, 4 bike racks and a few more benches.  Then put the extra decorative thingy's on the light poles (which all have outlets for Christmas decorations).

All we need is for community business'sess to step up and volunteer making some of these.  If not I'm worried we will get cost saving default boring black objects.

********************************

Gus The Weather Dog who already hates winter and is asking for a coat says you will not need sunglasses in the near future, at least until later Sunday. Zero sun until then.

We have two systems heading our way.  The first one is a LOW Pressure trough that will enter our area Friday giving us warmer but water filled drizzle air.  Then as that moves east a heavy cold front hits Saturday with thunderstorms and a LOT of rain.

Sunday - the day I always hope is rotten because we have football to watch will turn sunny with highs near 52 and really windy.  brrrrrrrrrr

Looks like a fantastic week NEXT week and even heading into NEXT weekend.

*********************************

When are we going to get SOMETHING for teenagers to do in Columbus.  Just askin'!  It seems to be all about small kids.  Don't teenagers need something?

**********************************

My East Indian Porter is doing GREAT.  The last 2 batches the last 2 years have been off as I could not find my regular hops.  My double Chocolate Stout is about to be dry hopped tonight with Saaz hops.  Slightly different then normal as I made a mistake and put the wrong hops in at the wrong time.  They changed the font on my hops and without reading glasses I put the taste and flavor hops in at 60 minutes instead of 10 and 5 minutes.   I still put in the bittering hops at 60 minutes but will dry hop (putting hops in after 2 weeks of fermentation) which will add flavor from smell which his actually the noses part in this whole thing.

We shall see if it works.

************************************

The Tonight show ratings are down 26% from last year.  I loved Jimmy Fallon but not so much on the Tonight Show.  Too much fake laughing.

++++

FEMA is providing 200,000 meals a day in Puerto Rico. Sadly they need 2.8 million meals a day and people are starving.   LUCKILY our government has decided to help them by LOANING them 4.9 billion.  This is like loaning a million bucks to a high schooler and saying he has to pay it off  . . HOW?

Puerto Rico barely had an economy to begin with.  How do you rebuild when you had nothing to begin with. Do you rebuild to what it was?  Puerto Rico has no exports.  They have no real economy.

+++++

See that shit storm the Mayor of Fitchberg is having?  OUCH.  Government is meant to help the people I thought. Dumping Boys and Girls Clubs that was a major thing for the black community will not win you friends.

++++++++

Dana Delany 30 years later. 
I watched the pilot of Chine Beach. It stands the test of time . . . . . and so does Dana Delany.  OMG - there were some scenes that would not be allowed on our conservative networks now.  Still a fantastic show.

I was looking her up and she has really been in a lot of things I never watch.

I watched the show when it was on in the late 80 early 90s but could not find in on DVD.  Seems the problems were SO MANY songs and so many lawyers.

But - it's on DVD now and I purchased season one to see if it held up.  YUP!





https://youtu.be/Fn8XSTZ6cgs



 *****************************

What was the first concert I ever attended?  Jethro Tull, Aqualung tour.  February 16, 1975  - I think they are the group I saw second most, 3 times. Alice Cooper 3 times and  Pink Floyd 6 times.

WAIT - looking things up - I saw the Dark Side of the Moon Tour March 4th 1973 - was that my first concert?  I was front row blankets at the  Coliseum - my mom and dad were there.  Maybe Tull was my first WITHOUT my parents (they were in the seats)?  I'm so confused now. 

**************

Well anyway - have a great day.

Rod