Monday, October 2, 2017

Road trip, TGCTours, Las Vegas, and so forth

 I have a group of friends in Las Vegas (balderdash and his group) and all are safe.  I'm sure we will hear that if EVERYBODY had guns it would make the police deportment's job much easier.

Tremendous acts of bravery by the LV Police Department.  I do so respect police officers.  Yea yea I can rail on their actions because I wear my emotions on the outside of my skin but I have a shit load of respect for them 90% of the time.  It's hard for me to carry a grudge (which seems to be a Columbus thing - grudges).  I just can't do it.

The LV massacre is one of the largest mass shootings in American history. There will be anti-gun conversation once again and once again nothing will be done.  The NRA will make sure of that. 

*************************

The Children’s Health Insurance Program which dropped uninsured children in America from 13% to 4% is set to  expire this month. Let's see if the GOP wants to help or save that money to create jobs.

*************************

ANYWAY - By the time you read this we will be in Door County but don't worry - all cameras are trained on the windows and doors so ... (dot dot dot) .

Sunday I took Captain Chaos to the dog park for his romp.  It's funny.  We drive  up and see 4 humans standing around and their dogs just sort of standing around and Gus is like a missile and just runs at full speed into the small pack and creates instant chaos.  It's a good thing.

When we got Gus we thought (and were told) he would be a good therapy dog. Didn't know that the therapy would be for DOGS.  So many times we have been told that little Rubeus or Draco or Falkor or Eltas never liked playing and running around UNTIL Gus taught him how.

All these dogs just stand around and then BAM, Gus shows up and you have 20 dogs all romping around chasing and being chased with glee.  And yea - there is a whole lot of weenie licking which I am REAL glad humans got out of that habit when meeting each other.

One woman said she was so happy to see her dog having a good time and actually playing.  Gus seems to bring happiness to all things (except butterfly's).

And names?  COME ON.  Every time we meet a dog and ask his or her name it's some name that I
Gus with his favorite friend and Mr. Pug
can not pronounce and/or have never heard before. I have a memory like a gold fish when it comes to dog names. I will never remember Jango Fett.  Probably why everyone remembers GUS.

ANYWAY - if you have a dog you must get him to the Columbus dog park. Friday there were 22 dogs all having the time of their lives.  The "bad" dogs are always in a different fenced off location. 

All Columbus needs now is something for teenagers to do. We keep getting playgrounds for children but we have nothing for high schoolers.  We treat dogs better then the kids we want to stay and grow up in Columbus. They are bored.  We need a dog park for high schoolers.   

*******************************
  
Being a 20 year member of CoCoRaHS (Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network - I was one of the first volunteers) we saw that 100% of the CoCoRaHS stations in Puero Rico went black.  Sunday, the very first station came back online.  I'm sure Trump will call it a major victory and stop all aid now.

Side note - Trumps dismal approval ratings are going back south after climbing 2 points to 38%.

*****************************

Want to know what country gets googled the most?  It's Iran.  The least, Tuvalu, but right in front to Tuvalo is Comoros.    Yea - me neither.

******************************

In 2016 the Unites States spent $3.6 Billion arresting 600,000 cannabis users and charging them with felonies.  What a load of BS.  $3.6 Billion that could have been used in educating children about opiates. I hope the Columbus Police Force has visited our schools and talked to middle schoolers about drugs.

Four guys were indicted Friday in New Jersey for having 45 kilos of fentanyl.  About 18 million lethal does of an opiate which is driving the problems (perhaps we should spend some of that 3.6 BILLION on that instead of cannabis.

*******************************

OH - I see Trump says OJ was framed.   What a freaking embarrassment our President is.  I like how Ken Burns was talking about Vietnam (he seems to know a thing or two about history) and comparing our government NOW to the FUBR government that created Nam.  It's almost exact.

 For every 5 Americans that retire from blue collar jobs, only 2 are being replaced because Americans don't like hard work so there is an extreme shortage of construction workers and so forth.  YET - our government wants to, and is deporting the people that are willing to do that work. Yea -makes sense.

If Columbus has a population of 5066 with almost full employment (which is what the U.S. almost has) and we kick out 10%. Does that make Columbus stronger?  Is losing population a good thing for the economy?  Less people spending much less is a good thing?   Trump and his cronies seem to think so.  Ask the Wisconsin dairy industry how it's going with their workers. 

********************************

Kevin Can Wait - WOW - what a horrible show that was.  IMDB voters rated it a 4.2 out of 10.   Last year it was in the 6s.

++++++++++++++++++++

In my virtual world I have climbed to the 2nd highest amateur tour on TGCTours.  With about 150 members in each level I'm now in the 5th highest.

I had so issues with getting my head in the game in last weeks tournament.  Of course I thought I could make that creek 160 yards away.  No.  Came up a foot shorts.  The problem was "I" (the real me) could not really see because MY vision was from behind that tree and I had a limb in my face.

OH - only people that got the game on Day 1 day wear those pants! 


We're not staying in Fish Creek this year - going to be a little south in Egg Harbor.

Fish Creek 


Cana Island Light House 


See ya tomorrow!