Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Red Rocket!

I think Gus's is trying to emulate Harvey Weinstein when he goes to the dog park.   Yea - everyone says Gus is just trying to show his dominance.  WELL - he is dominating his favorite play toys for sure.  We had to take one toy away because it was just say to funny.

He had this long snake thing with a big smiley face on one end.  Well here we are just watching TV and Gus starts banging away and the snakes happy smiley face is bumping against THE RED ROCKET!   boing boing boing. 

Long snake went into the garage for shorter toys.

***********************

I think I might have to mow the lawn for the last time today.  MAYBE one more but I refuse to mow in November. Grass needs to be long for the winter so . . . . .

Sadly our Autumn Blaze Maple is is having root problems. Seems clay that has been compacted by the builders is not the best thing for Maples.  When I dug the hole I filled it with water so it would soak in overnight.  The next day I had to bail the water out as it had not even sunk down one inch.

Now it turns color late July which is fine as it keeps it's leaves for a long time but is done before all the other trees.

************************

Lost 100% of the photos on my iPhone.   This will be the last iPhone I purchase as this is the last iPhone (8) with a HOME button.  All facial recognition from now on.  Screw that.  My photos?  I had to restore my phone to factory settings which was fine because I had everything backed up in the iCloud.   I THOUGHT.

I mean they came forward from my iPhone 6 right?   Well, I got everything back BUT the photos.  I went to the iCloud and the photo file is empty.  I even had the special button clicked correctly.

Devastating.

********************

We got our new trash and recycle barrels.  Some people did not get them. How can you miss a house when you are giving them to EVERY house. Sadly when they emptied my recycle they only emptied half of what was in the container.  I have no idea how this happened but . . not a big deal.  A lot less garbage flying around our neighborhood for sure.

*********************

Anybody who has donated to the RNC is helping Trump pay $1.1 million for his sexual lawsuits. Maybe we can elect Harvey Weinstein for President. He seems to have the right stuff for being President.

********************

What the hell is going on with so many people wanting Kaepernick to become a Packer.  The guy was 3-16 his last 2 years with the lowest  completion percentage for starters in the league.  REALLY? we think this guy is the answer?

And speaking of that guy - his latest complaint alleging collusion is a BIG deal.  If it is found that there was ONE instance of collusion the entire CBA is terminated.  This gives a LOT of power and leverage for more lawsuits.

++++

With Rodgers being OUT the odds of making the playoffs is down to  50.2% (from 79%). I think all "we" have to do is go 5-5 the rest of the way to make the playoffs so we can lose.  At least Sundays are now free.

And then there is Wisconsin.  Not really a big collage football fan (it's rigged) but Wisconsin is 5th in the Nation?  And Jonathan Taylor? Twice the National talking heads and local talking heads say he is one of the best freshman running backs ever?   What?  EVER?  ummmmm . . . . we shall see.

*******************

Went to Monks yesterday and ordered a Philly Cheese steak. I was asked if I wanted chicken or beef.  WHAT?  Seriously?  I have never had a REAL Philly Cheese Steak but I'm pretty sure chicken was not one of the options. 

My bucket list sandwich is a real Philly Cheese steak.  Best one I ever had was in Winter Park CO.  It did have green chili's on it and ever since that sandwich I have been obsessed with green chili's.  I don't think they have green chili's in Philly but . . . .

Monks in the Sun Prairie Madison Metroplex is not at all like Monks in Wisconsin Dells.  Totally different and not at all as good. Not even close. It's a fake name to cheat you.

Had a burger in MPs Town Tap in Columbus - excellent.  The bun to burger ratio was perfect.  The Caribou in Madison had GREAT GREAT burgers and switched buns.  Now all you eat is a huge bun that fills you up and you don't even notice the burger.  It's all bun.  After 30 years they really screwed up.  PLUS it's not freaking 1/2 pounder which is why America is getting fat.

*******************     

Finally had a good week in Fanduel.  We keep putting our virtual money one players that get hurt.

********************

As of Sunday 85% of Puerto Rico has no power.

++++++++++++++++

19% of all apparel purchased by Americans was (were?) purchased online.

*******************

Before I started brewing beer I was a wine enthusiasts and worked at a few of the better wine shops in Madison.  I found out yesterday that one of my favorite winery's burned  Stag's Leap a 1st growth winery in Napa burned.  They wines are now rocketing up in price.

A lot of LEGAL cannabis farms have burned also.  One place had been growing cannabis for 40 years and was 3 days away from harvesting their first legal crop.  100% burned.  Maybe this will be like the hop shortage which really helped bring new and exciting hops to the craft beer industry.   Cannabis farmers across the nation are rushing to the rescue with seeds.

Carry on!