Thursday, February 22, 2018

Gun control really works

The cards are here the cards are here - oh what joy!


**********************

So I feel like I'm hungover but I did not drink.  Probably staying up until 2:00 watching hockey.  I watched all but 6 minutes.  I seem to have a blank spot for that first 6 minutes of overtime where I closed my eyes just for one commercial.  I wake up and there is 14 minutes left in OT.

Then this morning I'm fast asleep when a 20 pound brown dog jumps on my bladder with all his weight as he surprises Sophie.  Of course I let out some sort of primal scream which he thinks is so so funny and paws my face when I yell out  NO!   and we are all awake as Gus is now trying to lick my nipple (to much information?).  Yea - having a dog is SO WONDERFUL.

OH OH - speaking of WONDERFUL dogs.  Gus LOVES the wide open basement SO MUCH every time we go down to look at it he gets so excited he starts humping our legs.  WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!! Not upstairs, just downstairs.

I told Elwood last Saturday that we needed a Zamboni to clean the floor.  He laughed. Since he is a professional mopper he said any floor is easy with the right mop.

WELL - he saw our wide open floor and said it was more like a bank lobby size and we really DO need a Zamboni to clean the floor.

*********************

The media is covering the latest mass shooting 3% more then in past mass shootings.

*********************

There are 431 woman running for the House of Rep this time around compared to 212 two years ago. 80% Democrats.  80 woman are running for gubernatorial  and twice as many woman are running for Congress.  I wonder why!

*******************

VOTE FOR THEILAN - for the first time in my life I have a yard sign. I feel so proud.

*****************

Correction - I forgot about the brewery in Waterloo - there will be 5 breweries within 20 miles of Columbus.  Still The Cercis Brewery looks like the biggest best.

************************

When a child hits another kid with a stick.  I don't blame the stick, but I still take it away.

*************************

Tried a Big Mac Junior - it was horrible. Will never try one again!  YUCK.

*****

From Business Insider

Gun control really works — here's the science to prove it

The talking points

Making it easier to carry concealed guns increases the number of gun homicides.

A spike in gun purchases after the Sandy Hook shooting led to a quantifiable, tragic increase in accidental gun deaths — especially among kids.

Banning domestic abusers from owning guns has a huge impact on gun deaths.

Laws that call for longer sentences for gun crimes also seem to help a little.

States with stricter gun-control laws that spend more money on education and mental health care have fewer school shootings.

After Congress let a 1994 ban on assault weapons expire in 2004, gun massacre deaths skyrocketed.
Reducing access to guns could reduce the number of suicides in the US.

Weapons buy-back programs have been successful.

Nuff said - I need a LOT more coffee