Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Sprecher / Cercis - so many breweries in Columbus and Strat-o-matic Christmas

Took a tour of the new Cercis Brewing Company with CDA and Council.  I THOUGHT I was on CDA but it seems I was fired, much to my surprise but that is fine.  Just surprised. Maybe CDA had been meeting for a while and I just did not know it. Last time I knew it was on hiatus - but ANYWAY - Cercis looks magnificent


Their goal is 400 barrels a year if you are wondering what full production means and they want to be the next Potosi Brewery (don't we all?)

A few tidbits that I appreciated.

SO MANY electrical outlets.  This is a big thing in hotels now, many many many outlets and Cercis has MANY.  The bar has 6 I believe and where ever you go there is an outlet to plug into.  They will have a powerful WiFi and while they are not a Sports bar they will have MANY TVs


In the next week they will start their first brew in the new system which is like taking a test flight in a plane that has never left the ground.

Offering Pizza in the beginning but once a grill hood is put in typical bar food,  good burgers and sandwiches.  They will have a full bar with wine and mixed drinks also.

The bar was purchased up north somewhere from a bar that was closing and it seems there were tears in peoples eyes when it left the building.  AT least it will have a nice new home



Then there is this nice work station in the back that surrounds the brew house and I think every chair has it's own outlets.  I'm not sure why I'm fixated on outlets - maybe because I'm a Water and Light Commissioner . . .or was?  Out with the old in with the new.  I will miss that commission and hope to get on it again at some point. It's up to the Mayor. 


I don't have photos from the front "lounge" area they will have couches and comfy chairs that will be a nice addition and there is a vision for an outdoor patio in the back.

Looks like April now for an opening.

WITH THAT SAID - I am having so hard of a time typing this as I am downloading the 2018 Strat-o-matic which is literally Christmas for many baseball fans.  MUST WAIT!!

Then after touring Cercis I see Sprecher is moving to Columbus with a " future new concept location in Columbus, WI"  according to a press release.  They were contacted and they said " We are very excited about our new concept in Columbus. Keep watching, we plan to share more details soon! Cheers!"

Not at all sure what THAT means but looks intriguing.

*********************

I am so glad "real news" (as opposed to Fox Alternate News garbage) are no longer covering the senile Presidents tweets - good lord he was on a storm this weekend. He REALLY hates those kids in Florida for telling him what to do.  And from many many sources Trump no longer listens to his advisers but more to FOX News for advise (it's going SO well).

You know - I think something is different this time with that mass shooting. It just feels like this time, because these kids are SO succinct and they are REALLY getting high schools across the nation to organize, that this time it's different.

With a nation wide walkout for students and teachers on March 14th a march in DC on March 24 and a day of protests on April 20th, the anniversary of Columbine, it seems different.

One thing I have noticed is I have NEVER seen so many news correspondents have tears in their eyes after reports.

++++++++++

Al Hoffman Jr last year gave over $1 million to the Republicans has officially said he will no longer donate to the GOP until they support a ban on the military-style assault weapons. 

I saw another older white guy with NRA tattooed on his arm literally saw his assault rifle in half and had his tattoo removed he was so angry at the NRA  (the American terrorist organization).

Things SEEM different. 

 
**************

 ARG - this is so frustrating - downloading and installing should be so easy.  YOU CAN SEND A MAN TO THE MOON BUT . . . . . 

*****************************

took this shot of the Columbus Waste Water Sludge Truck - LOVE this beast!


Last night I took this shot of Columbus before the meeting I was not suppose to attend.


OK - I need to deal with download/install issues

Cheers