Thursday, February 15, 2018

The 2nd Amendment

I had to respond to a "friend" post about the latest school massacre.  Her post read in part

"I know guns are wonderful. They're great, and everyone should own 12. And I know that mental health facilities and social workers and teachers are completely overwhelmed. And that these things are just a natural occurrence of freedom and commerce and the American Way."  

Wait - "natural occurrence of freedom and commerce and the American Way"  what the fuck?

Well - I know I'm shy on expressing my feelings in print and I like to keep my life to myself but I did have to respond.

Rod Melotte Guns are meant for killing and they are doing a great job. I’m sure the NRA will donate more to the GOP to make sure they continue, but how many more dead children are needed to protect the 2nd amendment.

Dead children are NOT a "natural occurrence of freedom" but has become the American Way, to bury our heads in the sand and say it is OK and do nothing.


When dead children become an acceptable price to preserve the 2nd Amendment then the NRA is also a domestic terrorist organization.

The NRA use to be a very fine organization and all they wanted to do is make sure people knew how to use a gun safely. But since the 90s they are just money collectors for the GOP to make sure nothing changes and people are allowed to shoot at will.

OH - I grew up around guns, my family had 4 hand guns and a rifle and I went to a shooting range often and LOVED it.  We didn't have a safe and I could play with them at will (and did).  But with the GOP budget cuts to health care and mental illness and now the NRA allowing the mentally ill to apply for guns . . . . . sorry - don't get me started.

SO where are we now in the process?

1. Send thoughts and Prayers
2. Argue the semantics over "assault rifle".
3. Argue the semantics over the term "terrorists"
     if Muslim use it, if Christian/white use "lone wolf" or "mentally ill". 
4. Congress does nothing but NRA increases donations just in case
    Paul Ryan received $171,000 from the NRA
    Ron Johnson voted NO on banning large capacity magazines
5. Declare "now is not the time to "politicize" it.
6. Wait until the next school massacre and GOTO #1 

OH - and manning our schools with security guards?  Well - both are dead in Florida.  Like that WalMart shooting.  Police arrived but did not know WHICH guy with a gun was the shooter as all the guys carrying guns pulled. 

NUFF SAID