Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Contracts, ugly buildings and yada yada

I'm deep in the draft and made my "round 6 to the end" list of available players.  There are about 400 total but what I noticed was that there are very very few Brewers batters that are left that are on the market.  There are a lot of pitchers but Brewer batters are few.

Another observation is the total lack of quality second basemen but so many amazing shortstops in the majors.   My lineup is pretty set and I'm just drafting future stars (hopefully) now as I reload (as opposed to rebuilding).

**********************

This morning I got a friend request from a long lost center fielder.  In Madison I managed (and played for) a team in the #2 softball league in Madison for almost 20 years, Creative Software,(which became Weather Central which was purchased by WKOW and then Weather Central was purchased by The Weather Channel.  We traveled around Wisconsin to play weekend tournaments and I think we averaged, with league play,  about 6-8 games a week (I played 2B, RF and P).

At the time we had a great left field, left center combination.  The issue was that Scott was in left center and married a woman who, at that same time, was having an affair with the left fielder and . . . she was pregnant.

As you can assume things went downhill and Scott moved to Georgia (job). WELL, seems he married the woman after all and they have been married for 25 years with 3 kids. I feel happy as he was a good friend that disappeared.  Little happy surprises are the spice of life.

**************************

My kegorator was put into it's space in the basement and as I was cleaning hoses and so forth I had to buy a new 3/16 hose.  WELL, Brew and Grow in Madison closed (owner moved to FLA) and Cannery Wine in Sun Prairie is moving so they are short of supplies. DAMN it - gotta run all the way to Monroe street now.   grrrrrrrrrr

Plenty of beer - just can't get it out of the keg LOL

*****************************

I just gotta say it. I am not 100% anti-Trump.  Sometimes things do work out.  If you notice I have never lambasted him on his North Korea strategy.  Like Reagan the anti-Soviet hardliner sometimes fighting idiocy with idiocy works.  Of course it could also end the world as we know it so there is that small trade off.

Then there is this tariff thing.  It COULD work . . . .if there is a long term plan (which there is not).  Remember, Bush put tariffs on steel with very little effect.  Imports declined and people purchased more American steel and 7 steel companies went out of business.

Doing something without a long term goal or a solid "victory" signal is a waste. Like the First Iraq war.  I was all for it, BOTH wars actually.  I'm the only American that will admit he was pro Iraq war IF, IF, it was done correctly with overwhelming force and a real goal, we actually take over the country and run it until it's stable.  Well, of course we did it as cheap as possible and it created a huge clusterf*ck that created the Teleban and ISIS and so forth in the power vacuum.  Once Colin Powell was gone I was totally against the war.

If America goes to war, we civilians must suffer and move into a war economy.  Not breeze along like nothing is happening.  War is WAR!

OK OK - not sure why this is on my mind. I hate seeing things done half ass.  It's like contracts. Maybe I'm old school. If you sign a contract, THAT is what you deal with.  In council once there was a contractor that made a bad estimate and it cost extra money to get the job done and he asked for more.  No freaking way. A contract is a contract.  If it cost less do you give us money back?   Why even have a contract if it's not really valid.

Sign here - it will only cost you $10,000 - unless it's more and you have to give me more money but if it's less I get to keep the extra.

Others see differently and are more outspoken then I am.

***************************

There are 62 co-sponsers for legislation in the Senate that would improve data reporting to the national gun background check database. The GOP is refusing to even hear the bill and there is no chance for it becoming law. The NRA owns the GOP.

***************************

Bon Jovi broke a record last week.  One week after their single hit #1 on Billboard (measures sales) the song dropped to 169.  The largest drop ever in Billboards  60 year history.

****************************

After months and months of investigation OJ Simpson has found himself not guilty . . . . . . OH . . .sorry . . . The GOP has found that the GOP was not colluding with Russia.  Move along, nothing to see here.

***************************
There was a poll about "What is the ugliest building in your state and only people that live in the state can answer it.

Wisconsin? Van Vleck Hall at UW-Madison in Madison - not sure if it is the UGLIEST but it certainly is ugly.


*********************

After today - sun sun and more sun.  Cooler then average but no rain/snow anywhere in the next 10 days.