Thursday, March 15, 2018

Is that you? Birmingham Police Department

No news on my hack job.  No Amazon account (did you know that Amazon gets 44 cents out of every dollar spent online?) probably hear nothing . .EVER  LOL  Sort of like when my iPhone was stolen from my car in the basement the DOJ building in Madison.  Police actually found the guy but said they needed my phone for evidence and they would contact me when I could get it back. 

A year later I called and  . . . . they lost it.  SERIOUSLY??? I got nothing for it.  sigh. SO if I sound like I get pissy over police departments . . . FOR ME, they are always messing with my brain.  WITH THAT SAID.  I was pulled over in Columbus about 8 years ago for going over the speed limit and the officer asked where I was goign in such a hurry.  I explained that I was in charge of the potatoes for a roast and realized at the last minute I had no potatoes and if I did not get back home my wife would kill me. . . . . . he gave me a warning.

THAT, is exactly the thing an officer should have done as I try to never speed after that encounter.  I respected him and the department for that act.

******************************

Yesterday after a meeting in Madison I had to go to Monroe street to get some brewing supplies.

Cannery Wine and Spirits is moving in Sun Prairie so they are short of supplies,  Brew and Grow closed on the East Side of Madison so Monroe street it was.  WELL, I started down East Wash but the kids had taken over The Wash so I went down Johnson.  The Caribou Bar is one street over and they have one of the best bar burgers in Madison so I stopped in.   As I was there I heard a few people talking about the "stupid kids". 

The only reason I was not thrown out of that place was because I had a burger in my hands and my mouth was full.   Ignorant adults talking about stupid kids?  Remember - those kids will vote in a couple years and they have GREAT memories.

 . . . . . .. So a puppy was killed by an airline and now legislation is being proposed to fix this problem - how many kids have been killed in schools and . . . . . NOTHING?

BACK TO MY STORY - after eating at the Boo I went down Johnson and there is a whole new construction and an entire block of stores is missing - SURPRISE.  MAN! - Madison has really changed in the last 40 years. So I get close to Monroe street and OF COURSE, it's under construction.  WHAT A FREAKING headache trying to get hose and a few clamps!!     

********************************

I complain alot  . . . . no really I do . . .  but I tell ya - this is such and awesome town.  I take Gus out at night and look up and see the big dipper plain as day.  I don't think people "look" at how amazing Columbus is.  I know I have issues after 4 years of hearing problems.  When all you hear are complaints you forget to see what others SHOULD be seeing.  This is such a great town.  People forget how wonderful it is . . . except for the run down schools which are killing Columbus growth. 

Just having the ability to see the Milky Way at night is so amazing.  How quiet it is.  Hearing a train in the distance at night, hearing church bells on Sunday, coyotes looking for feral cats at night (well, maybe that is not so great).

****************************

Toy's R Us is closing and laying off 30,000 people.  Will Trump help out that industry? Maybe pass legislation where every family has to bare one more child?

****************************

2 years and 5 days ago I was in Washington DC for Water and Light.  LOVED the subway!  I think Columbus should have a subway.  I'm on the city council - I'll get on it.



***********************

On Jimmy Kimmel last night he ordered a bunch of stuff from Trump's website and opened it. Of the 10 items 6 were made in China, 1 was made in Tiawan (I think it was) and one Portugal - HOWEVER - two items had no tag and no country of origin.  This is a federal offense and a $500,000 fine.  Every product sold HAS TO HAVE a country or origin.  Kimmel is filing a federal complaint today.

Seems 90% of what Trump sells online is made NOT in America.

***************************

gotta run - Birmingham Police Department needs my help - THEY CALLED!!

SO - here is where I am at.  I have a Intel Core i7 X-Series processor that I never ordered and Amazon says WAIT to send it back because they have no record of it ever being purchased . . . or something like that.  There is also some guy at 1132 4th Ct W Birmingham AL that ALSO has one because he placed a reorder when he did not get what he ordered. It was delivered yesterday by UPS. 

Detective Smith (sounds made up) from Birmingham says not much they can do.  I told him they could have caught the guy yesterday but the officer who took my police report did not want to hear my personal thoughts on how easy it would be to catch the guy. Not her job.  The house is abandoned it looks like on google maps. Just wait to see who picks up the small package.  BUT NOOOOO!!!!   

SO - I have no Amazon account. Money has not been refunded ($381) yet but I'm sure it will be . . .sooner or later . . .like my phone?

*************************

WELL _ THIS IS A BUMMER!  I wrote all of this in HTML and when I click on compose it's ONE HUGE paragraph .

******************************

before and after replacing my furnace filter - see if you can find when I switched it.



 
*********************

Cheers