Monday, June 23, 2008

The End is Near

What a wild ride. When did Public Enemies start? March 3rd was my first blog post. It's been 110 days? With only six to go. Word is Johnny is finished with only one more day in LA perhaps. There is one important scene still to be shot and it was SUPPOSE to be in Columbus (actually near the town, not IN town). Not sure what is going down with that.

I'll be interested to see what the IMDB board will look like in a couple weeks. If there will be cobwebs or if it will continue. I'm sure there have been friends made over there just like here. But unlike over there this is not 100% about the movie.
-----------------------------------------------------
Before I forget I want to thank the Columbus Journal for coming to the Amtrak Station for a look see, was that Paul the reporter??
---------------------------------------------------
Any bird people out there??

This little guy was at our feeder this morning. He was a first timer and I hope he liked the food. Anybody know WHAT he is??? A Yellow Headed Red Winged Blackbird??

------------------------------------------
Man I'm getting old. Play 27 holes of golf in less then 24 hours and then spend 8 hours painting the Train Station and I'm a basket case. The demon bursitis has reared it's ugly head. I had it last year and it was just an annoyance but this time I was crippled with pain. WOW! Where did THAT come from.

For any of you wondering what it is, bursitis is the inflammation or irritation of the bursa. The bursa is a sac filled with lubricating fluid, located between tissues such as bone.
This condition is most often caused by repetitive, minor impact on the area, or from a sudden, more serious injury. PERHAPS if I was a better golfer the "repetitive" would have been lessoned a little. I actually had a good round Friday at Door Creek, 94. hmmmmmmm

Examples of high-risk activities include gardening, raking, carpentry, shoveling, painting, scrubbing, tennis, golf, skiing, throwing, and pitching. WELL - there are three right there.

Bursitis is more common in adults, especially in those over 40 years of age. F U!!

How Is Bursitis Treated?

Avoiding activities that aggravate the problem. I think computer programming is responsible and a week off is needed!

Oh well.
---------------------------------------------------
Any VISTA users out there?? I purchased a laptop with VISTA and I can't find a dang thing? Is there really no "Explorer". Is there an easy way to move one file from a folder to a disk? There has to be a better way then how I did it. Any good cheat sheets out there on how to use VISTA in a responsible and intelligent way?
------------------------------------------
Michael Shaara, author of The Killer Angels, was born on this date in 1929. The Killer Angels is the best Civil War book ever written and paved the way for people like Stephan Ambrose (who's father was my moms dentist) to write 1st person accounts of their experiences.

A very short time after he finished writing the Pulitzer Prize winning book he was in an automobile accident that left him in a coma for five weeks. With lingering dyslexia and disorientation (welcome to my world) he never wrote another book.

His kids found his last manuscript about an aging baseball pitcher who pitches one last perfect game. For the Love of the Game was adapted into a movie in 1999 starring Keven Costner.

His son Jeffery wrote Gods and Generals the sequel to The Killer Angels.
---------------------------------------
And as if the Columbus Countryside Vet Clinic has not done enough already. The are providing a home to a family of barn swallows (I believe). Here is mom and pop providing some yummy food.


OK - now I have work to do!

OH - the recipe to Chicken & Noodles in Sesame Ginger Dressing.

All quantity's are approx - I just dump in what I feel like.

Here is the default
quantity's and you can go from there.

3 large skinless chicken breasts
1 can of sliced water chestnuts
24 oz of Chinese thin egg noodles
6 cloves of garlic (I might have forgotten them in my last batch . . .it was after the Kurth Friday)
2 tablespoons of minced ginger
1/2 cup of sesame paste. I get this at Asian Food Mart. It is NOW called Chinese Salad Dressing(??????) Not a clue why that is now on the side. You can use Peanut paste as a substitute but Sesame paste is always the best!
5.5 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar . . . . . hmmmm I think I missed that one also LOL
1 tablespoon of HOT chili oil (or whatever hot stuff you prefer)
3 tablespoons of sesame oil
3 tablespoons of rice vinegar

With the chicken and water chestnuts I stir fry them and put soy sauce, powered ginger, powered garlic, hot stuff and molasses in the wok and cook it all up.

Then put the above ingredients into a bowl and mix it all together. Half batches of noodles is easier to get a good mix.

That's it.

Rod