Thursday, March 23, 2017

Back / SOM / Trump


I've only missed  a couple of Council meetings in the 3 years on Council and so I was feeling a little guilty when I called in Tuesday saying I could not attend.  I suppose I could have attended if they would not have minded me pacing back and forth behind everybody.  Standing is easy, sitting for longer then 15 minutes was going to be an issue.   But then I see that I was only one of possibly four  Council Members that would be absent.

Yesterday, day 6 of my back ordeal I'm better.  I went to a chiropractor as I was up to feeling only horrible. I did not want to go when every freaking twitch was making me moan in pain.  

Chiropractor's are like witch doctors that really work.  Everyone has some sort of new gimmick and this guy has one had the best gimmick yet.  After he cracked my lower back (as they always do) he said it was time for some muscle stim.  Not knowing what that was I followed (slowly) into a new room and took off my shirt.  The guy stuck four pads on my side/back and turned on the juice.  He said "tell me when I should stop" (Don't ever ask me that when it involves CO2 (laughing gas)).

I felt a tingling and said more.  Got up to a point just below getting a shock and he left me there for 12 minutes.  OMG - it was so wonderful. I've never had this sensation before. It literally felt like my entire back had become fluid. I could feel odd pressure rubbing up and down but in reality there was zero movement. It was WONDERFUL!  An invisible electric message.

I'm better today (and even better Thursday morning).  I can almost blow my nose and clear my throat without passing out with pain.  I did cough . . . . . and almost passed out. It's like coughing with a hernia. AAAAAGH!

Today (Thursday) I go again to get adjusted. I think it really works.  

************************

I'm glad there was no council Tuesday because there was a closed session thing that sounded REALLY interesting for Columbus. Big news if it comes to fruition.  

We shall see.

************************

I found out that someone who reads this also plays Strat-o-matic.  YEA BABY!!  I posted on a SOM forum how I injured myself trying to get a pick in. iPhone in one hand and my team cards in the other.  Both were saved at the expense of my back (and elbows). 

My draft is basically over. I have my last 3 guys to fill out my 40 man roster.  My biggest problem is getting a pitching rotation. I have JUST enough Starts for my pitching staff but it involves 7 Starting pitchers AND I need to fill in who starts in 162 game. Seem easy but I can't have 7 starters on my 25 man roster all at the same time as I need a ton of bullpen innings. I THINK I have the best bullpen and its REALLY deep so I'm using a quick hook on all my starters.   

  1. Gravemen  ERA 4.11 Starts 34
  2. Fulmer ERA 3.06 Starts 29
  3. Nove ERA 4.07 Starts 29
  4. Peralta ERA 4.86 Starts 25
  5. Anderson ERA 3.54 Starts 21
  6. Andriese ERA 4.37 Starts 21
  7. Richard ERA 3.33 Starts 10
Peralta/Richard = one full time Starter if combined

The team I took over won 60 games last year.  Worst pitching of all 24 teams with a 4.99 ERA. Not this year. 

**************************

I honestly believe that Ivanka Trump has moved closer to Donald because she can control him a LITTLE. I also believe she was asked to be nearer because many people in public office in Washington believe (rightly) he is irrational.  

Either he refuses to believe the FBI and National Security which is a BIG issue OR, worse, he is no longer living in the same world that everybody else is living in which is a BIG problem. 

Either way I do not trust this con-man (he truly is a con-man) at all.   His approval rating is at an all time low at 37% and the reason is that his base is disappearing.  Approval ratings from white older males (his base) is evaporating.  43% of men approve (down from 49%)  and only 44% of white voters (down from another 49%).

60% believe Trump is dishonest compared to 55% 3 weeks ago and 57% believe Trump does not care about Americans (which is proven with Trumpcare).

************************

China finally shipped my new lens.  A 10mm Macro able to get real close on a grain of salt (if I wanted too).  Ordered it 2 months ago.

*************************