Friday, December 15, 2017

Badugi - the rest of the story

I guess I never finished the Badugi story.

We were all pumped up ready to make our second million with Badugi . . . as soon as it caught on. 

There were only 2 sites that had Badugi ( we had accounts to 27 poker rooms LOL) and the problem was you could either play in dime games (like 10 cents) or $10 games which was outside of our comfort zone.  So we played for dimes and raked in dollar after dollar with hours and hours of play.
I think we won near $10 total just waiting for teh game to catch on . . and nothing ever happened.  Lack of players killed this awesome game.

I tried Omaha Hi-Lo out of boredom.  Entered a tournament by accident my very first time.  OOPS!  So as the first few rounds were being played I was busy reading how to play the game.

The key to winning any long term poker adventure is NOT LOSING.  Winning is easy, not losing is really hard.  So while the tournament was progressing I was on their help page reading the rules and folding every hand.

I played one hand in that entire tournament.  It was the final hand and I came in 2nd.  Love Omaha Hi-Lo but it's like betting on baseball, totally NOT a game I can beat. Way too many things can go wrong.

****************************


Got a cat issue.  Iggy, our large laid back cool cat that DOES NOT want to ever go outside because the food is inside, is having an issue.

We noticed this in the summer and thought it was from a cat fight or something but no, still there and on some other paws also.

Iggy is the "whatever" cat but when Gus was introduced, Sophie the skittery high strung cat was fine after a week and they play together.  But Iggy was the one with issues.

We have never ever seen him licking of fussing.  Looks like a trip to the vet.

The thing is Iggy and Gus have now been seen sleeping together and actually touching.  So that problem is getting a little better.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
In city news - the railing issue is moving forward at government pace.  I think people think that we can go to the local railing store and buy a railing so patrons from The Cage will not stumble out the door and break their ankle.

You would THINK that being inebriated you would be loose and bendy and not stiff.  The worst thing you can do when you fall is try to catch yourself with a stiff arm or whatever.

I don't get drunk (it's really not that much fun) but when I do . . . or the few times I have in my life I get REALLY drunk (like once every 10 years) and the last time I was over loopy I took a magnificent fall out of the bath tub.

OH - I knew I was going down and went to grab the shower bar.   BUT NO!  In that split second my alert brain told me

"DO NOT GRAB THE SHOWER BAR, IT WILL BREAK" so then my brain asked itself  "Brain, if I can't grab the shower bar, what will keep me from falling" and my brain answered.

"FOOL! GRAB ONE END OF THE TOWEL, IT WILL SAVE YOU ".  So I grabbed one side of the towel that was hanging on the bar.  Well, that was a balance fail and I went down flailing at the air.

OH - it was a bad bad fall.  I lay there looking at the ceiling and realized heaven would not have a ceiling. 

I got up, both arms and legs could move and was all good.  In fact the next day it was like it never happened. No bruise, not stiff muscle, nothing. It was like my feet were never above my head at all.

The moral of the story.  If you fall, make sure you are a little tipsy. 

**************

Well . . . that must have been the coffee typing, I got off course.

I walked into the living room and saw this. Sophie sleeps here when the blanky is not on the couch  but Gus decided that if Sophie can do it, he can.


 ****************

New rule in professional golf.  The USGA will no longer allow viewers to call in penalties which have had some stunning results in tournaments.

************

Baseball - I have Yu Darvis on my Strat-o-matic team so when he was pitching in the World Series I was elated . . . except he was a nightmare.  WELL, seems he had a really really simple "tell" and the batters knew exactly what the next pitch was which is why in 2 starts he only lasted 10 outs.

Darvish holds the ball at his side when he gets the sign from the catcher. Whether he re-grips or not as he brings the ball into his glove was the tip-off whether he was going to throw a slider/cutter or a fastball.

WELL - you would think that some very highly paid somebody would have seen this besides Houston Astro players.

++++++++++++++++++

We all know the Eagles lost their starting QB.  There have been 7 times in NFL history where a team that has won 10 games will have a back-up QB in their first post season game.  5 of those 7 times that team has lost their 1st game. But one time the back-up made it to the Super Bowl. Jeff Hostestler.

**********

Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown will end the season with approx 62% of the total yards that Pittsburgh has gained.  Most ever by a duo.

**************

Voting along party lines the FCC dumped Net neutrality.  When your internet service raises rates for access to social media sites, will you pay?  When NETFLIX has to raise rates to get the internet speed needed will you dump NETFLIX?  Thank you GOP for allowing big business to raise rates and making life more expensive while allowing same big business to rake in even higher record profits.

We SHOULD have trickle down already shouldn't we? 

*****************

Business Insider came out with the 6 worst shows on NETFLIX -  I watched 2 of them and DJ watched another one.  We are pathetic.

2nd worst - "Disjointed"  Kathy Bates runs a cannabis shop.  Watched MAYBE 15 minutes - it was 100% trash and did not even raise a smile. An embarrassment to the cannabis community.

WORST - "Iron Fist".  I trudged through this entire series and wish I had those 10 hours back. 

6th worst -"Girlboss"  I know nothing about it and DJ will not admit to it.

***************

WEATHER UPDATE - pretty calm and normal for the next 6 days but there will be a storm somewhere in the Midwest by this time next week.  Starting as rain and ending as snow as the temps will be in the low 40s Thursday and Friday wind chills will be near 0 (ZERO).

Cheers