Tuesday, April 17, 2018

A Party Pooper

I was called a party pooper this morning.  Someone posted this hideous looking meal which had french fries covered with gravy and a pound of cheese and then put it on a chili dog with more cheese and then placed the entire thing in a bowl.  OMG it looked horrendous. And the thing was the guy who posted it is obese! 

OF COURSE hearing I was a party pooper I had to call up this little gem.

https://youtu.be/gjwofYhUJEM



Best pee's of all time. )

Of course I'm a party pooper because our first golf meeting is tomorrow and there is a good chance "we" get 3-5 inches of snow on Wednesday as a fast moving clipper zooms by west to east causing some pretty bad drive home time roads.   11:00 to 11:00 will be snow / freezing rain / rain . . who knows. With the temps hovering around 34 tomorrow it's a crap shoot. 

HOWEVER - a warming trends starts Thursday and we should hit the 60s by next week . . . if the snow melts fast enough. Lots of sun after Wednesday for a long time. 

******

But the real reason I have had 701,000 pages read is this . . . .

Do you remember your most classic pee's?   I have a few in my memory brain. 

The first one was when I road Ragbrai with 12,000 of my closest friends across Iowa.  You know it's bad when you actually remember a pee from decades ago.    

But what got me thinking was April 2, 2018 - Brewer game.  OMG - the pain the pain.  Waiting in line for 20 minutes.  It's bad when you are talking to a woman you have never met and are discussing  the difference in pain between a woman and a man pee-wise.   Nothing brings humans together more then a good pee line.

*******************

OH - NEW BIRD - yesterday as I was watching the confused Robins I saw a weird bird on our suet.
Took some fuzzy photos and started looking in my bird books.  it was a female Yellow Bellied Sapsucker. I don't think I have ever seen one before.

**************  

Tonight will be my first city council I purposely miss in 5 years.  I went to every council the year AFTER I lost my first bid.  

*******************

Got allergies? Do they seem to be getting worse?  YUP!  Concentrations of carbon dioxide are up 400ppm in the atmosphere which has doubled pollen production of ragweed  . . . climate change baby. 

++++

DISH Network has to fork out $61 million for illegal telemarketing but many people are opting out of receiving $2000 to $30,000 in rewards because they are hanging up the phone thinking the call is a telemarketer. 

+++++++

Before the election Donald Trump made a fortune marketing his name and putting it on everything he could find. There were 19 products that had his name on it.  Of those 19 companies only 2 remain, a  Panamanian company called HomeStudio, and a Turkish company called Dorya.

***************

Is today the day all the losers stand in line to mail their tax returns because they procrastinated? 

++++++++++

Netflix beat earnings again as  7.1 million new subscribers signed on in the 1st quarter.  Jessica Jones is listed as one of the bigger reasons.

Krysten Ritter the star is so so different in real life.  In Jones she is a hard drinking, moody, violent and sort of a downer.  And in real life TOTALLY different, happy, peppy, perky and funny.

      


I purchased Nightwishs "newest" CD.  Endless Forms of Beautiful.  Not one song would be short enough for American Radio.  Probably why they are one of the biggest groups in Europe but play at tiny venues in America.  They sold out three  50,000 seat shows last year and fill up 2000 seat venues in America.   Symphonic rock is just not a thing Americans want.

Check out this cut from The Greatest Show on Earth - it's beautiful. Sort of Trans-Siberian-ish (they are from Detroit) or Yannie-ish?  How often do you get so see Uilleann Bagpipes in rock music

https://youtu.be/aTAaEHiGjvU



   
Cheers!   Have a Laurel and Hardy day  - FEED THE BIRDS!!!