Monday, April 16, 2018

Ridiculous - and not done YET

I need to not be so mean when I wake up and I need to drink more coffee.  It's the quantity of animals on the bed that has been issue. THUS - we had a king size bed delivered yesterday.  MUCH MUCH better - I apologize to all the people I have offended of late.  Sleep was MUCH MUCH better last night.

WITH THAT SAID

The biggest snow storm of the year happened this weekend (as advertised) and WE AIN'T DONE YET.   With our first golf meeting Wednesday DON'T LOOK NOW - WINTER IS COMING!

There will be a 2 or 3 hour window Wednesday where temps will be warm enough for some freezing
Gus the Weather Dog is tired of winter
rain changing to snow and a good chance (or at least a CHANCE) of 3-5 inches.  it's a timing thing again on how fast the LOW is and when do the temps drop enough to create snow . . or freezing rain. Quantitative precipitation amounts are running in the quarter inch range.

The GOOD news is after this last storm moves on we are scot free (not really as we were punished already) with lots of sun and melting - COULD even hit 60 after the coming weekend.  The warm up will not start until Thursday and middle 50s on the weekend with Sunday being the best day. But the snow cover might keep things cooler the advertised as the snow REALLY east up any warming.

********************



Here is something - the minimum wage in 1968 was $1.68.  In today's money that is $12.27 yet the minimum wage now is $7.25.  Who is making all of the extra money that is NOT being paid to the workers.

*********************

I was watching the Brewers game this weekend and and a banner ran saying Josh Hader, in his last 23 recorded outs, 17 were strikeouts. I said - "THAT is ridiculous" . . . and then watched him strike out 5 of the next 6 batters.

********************

I was talking to the former head of OfficeSupply.com (The Dunder Mifflin of Columbus) - fun fact.  Paper sales are dropping about 5% a year  and think about it, EVERYTHING in an office supply store depends on paper.  Think of one thing that an Office Supply sells that is not paper related. 

OK OK  chairs . . .name another.   OK OK  Computers.  FINE . . .go away!

Maybe they should sell Milk . . . . nope Milk sales are dropping 1.2% a year. Oat milk, soy milk, almond milk are rising 3% a year . . . where the hell are the nipples for that milk.  If you have milk it has to come out of a nipple . . am I right?

And speaking of nipples  - Kendall Jenner has designer nipples! I guess that is a thing now.  OUCH!!  It's a booming business. Perhaps we need to open a store downtown for designer nipples. 

Odd fact of the day - the average American has 23.5 feet of retail real estate devoted to him or her.  Australia has 11.1 feet of retail real estate and Canada as 16.4 feet.  America has a little overcapacity and thus - bankruptcies.

Attendance at Catholic churches is down 39% in the last 10 years and down 75% in the past 50 years.  Protestant churches are getting all the people that feel the need to be churchifide.

The US Census Bureau says there are more people dying in Wisconsin then being born here.  Milwaukee County had the 7th biggest decrease in population among ALL counties in the U.S.

Say so long to a tax write off.  After this year you cannot write off State, Fed and Property tax on your taxes.

The Center for Budget and Policy says Wisconsin had the 7th deepest cuts to education in America.  Thank you Walker  - and where is that money going? Roads?  Nope - FoxConn?
 
***********************

OH - my Strat-o-matic team where I was figuring I would win 84 games this year (compared to 93 last year). My goal was to be 1 game out of the playoffs so I would have better Free Agent picks as I will have a lot of money to play with next year.

WELL . . . . . I'm 19-5  LOL   DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING.   I'm 11-1 on the road (games played NOT by me).  I will not be that good all year as I have to rest a lot of players because you can only have 110% of the actual plate appearances and I will struggle in September.   GET A LEAD AND HANG ON is my philosophy.

Zack Godley of ARZ a REAL good starter I picked up in a late round last year has an ERA of 1.30 after 34 innings and a WHIP of 0.78.  I even used him as a pinch hitter for a suicide squeeze (he is a fantastic bunter) that worked to win a game. 

SADLY my #1 catcher is out for the year in real life so I'm out a catcher for next year.

******************************

Trump continues to market Comey's book. Who do you believe - someone who lies about EVERYTHING?  Or somebody who does not.