Friday, October 20, 2017

Defending Columbus

So I spent this morning defending city government from people blaming "us" for not having a McDonald's faster, the high cost of food in our grocery stores and why we need a ladder fire truck.  WE SUCK - OH OH - and of course "WHY ARE THE ROADS IN COLUMBUS SO PITIFUL" .


James Street is looking GREAT in my book!

So many arm chair engineers and construction workers in this city.  At one point a guy said if I complain so much (????) maybe I should run for office to fix things.

ummmmm - I was defending Columbus (somebody has too).  I even defended our Police Department which do a fine job at keeping us safe.  The issue was "why do we need 22 police officers for a town of 4500".  ummmmm . . . . He did not know that Chief Miester has 11 virtual clones that do not get paid.  It's a secret. They LOOK like police officers but are actually unpaid holograms. Only 11 real bodies. 

One issue was of course the slope on that 78 feet on James Street.  People were worried that drunks coming out of the Cage would fall . . . . . yea - we need to make sure drunks have it easier to walk.  HEY - the sidewalks are flat, what more do you want to keep drunks upright!

I complain a lot because I want perfection but I will defend Columbus until my second to last dying breath.

***********************

So a few nights ago DJ and I are sitting on the couch getting ready to watch Survivor (which I have applied for a few times) and eating pizza. 

Gus gets up and goes to the door and in a timid way rings the out out bell . . .softly.  I get up to let him out and as I approach the door Gus is nowhere to be found.

I walk back and see Gus is eating my pizza.    GUS!!!!    He's getting too smart . . . at least smarter then I.



***************************

If the Yankees beat Houston they will have beaten Cleveland who won 100 games, and Houston that won 100 games and will take on the Dodgers who won 100 games.  I'm hoping for a Dodger / Yankee Series. 

***************************

Bucks - wow - Giannis Antetokounmpo, 37 points Wednesday night and he looked tired (as most players do in their first few games).  Heard on The Dan Patrick Show that Giannis is a once in a generation super star player.  The Bucks got him when he was 19 years old and every year he has improved.

No literally - if you look at ALL of his stats, EVERY YEAR he has improved in every category.  No really EVERY stat improves every year.  Even the amount of assists goes up. A super star at the old age  of 22. 

***************************

Did you see that Deforest water rates are going to climb 56% next year?  OUCH!!

*****************************

Yesterday was the greatest sports day of the year.  The only day you can watch all 4 Major sports all at once.  Only the 3rd time since 2010 and 17th time since 1970.  PLUS - I was playing my
Strat-o-matic baseball playoffs online at the same time (I'm behind 3-2 against the best team in the League, they have ungodly good pitching which is dominating my really good offense. Still  HEAVEN though.

**************************

OH - the new brewery.  Cercis Brewing  - Pronounce like Circus and substitute the "Cs for an "S" like "Sirsus".

**************************** 

80% of Puerto Rico remain without power or drinking water 1 month after the Hurricane.

++++++

Today the last car will roll off the assembly line in Australia which will literally be the last car manufactured in Australia. Zero car manufactures left.

******************

The FAA is investigating Yellville Turkey Trot where a town tosses out a turkey from a plane.  Yea - it really happens.  They should make a joke about that on a sit com.  :-)

 

*******************************

FUN WEATHER FACTS   The average temp deviation from a 30 year norm this year

Jan +4.9 degrees
Feb +9.2
Mar +0.2
Apr +3.4
May -1.2
Jun +2.0
Jul -0.1
Aug -2.1
Sep +3.7
Oct +7.5 so far

The outlook for the next 8 3 month periods are normal temps with above normal precipitation. Nothing major. (results make vary)

Short term it goes back to 5 degrees above normal (brrrrrr!) Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday actually below norm. Cool and sunny NEXT weekend with high Next Friday about 44 and sunny for the celebration on James Street. 

75 sunny and windy this Saturday.

**************************