Wednesday, December 6, 2017

So much sex in 1975

DJ is starting a scrapbook of all of her dads clippings and memorabilia and one of the items was from the Wisconsin State Journal from 1975. We started to look through the paper and were amazed that
there were 5 large ad's for massage parlors.

Along with the massage parlors University Square Four had The Sting and some "X" rated movie and Jimmy Hoffa was being looked for (not at U Square).

I was making furniture in Jefferson in those years and had a GREAT parlay card system for betting on football.  Parlay cards were the only way to bet on football in the 70s and it was gold and easy.  Since the cards had to come out early you would always see the lines change in the newspapers.  If Green Bay was a -6 favorite but by Friday they had gone down to -3  you would take the OTHER team at +6 and with 4 different colored cards floating around there were always good situations.

Only once was there an issue with getting paid when 12 guys pitched in $10 each for a 10 team parlay AND WON!!  Elwood and I had to wait a week to get paid our little bit of winnings.

ANYWAY - just a memory flashing into my brain.

The REAL news is that because I have not had any sexual misconduct issues surface (because like MOST males I'm not a deviant) I feel I am no longer qualified to be a politician so I will not be running for alderman this next election. 

I'm just burned out after 5 years. Yea - I went to EVERY council meeting the year before I lost to Bomcamp.  I will truly miss being on Council but it really gets in the way of vacations and traveling which I now have time to do.

I also did not want to step aside until I knew there was someone else with more energy and some fantastic ideas that would be running for my spot.  I REALLY will miss being on council and hopefully I can get on some committees.  I think I can do more good for Columbus outside of politics as many of the things I WANTED to do had to be put to rest for 5 years so I'm not actually disappearing.

I think the Columbus government has come a long long way the last 5 years and am proud to be part of the unprecedented pro business growth the council created in Columbus.

So that is the big news.

*************

DO ME A FAVOR - call Town and Country Sanitation   (1-800-626-1915) and tell them to stop littering our highways. TWICE I have followed a big truck that is just having all sorts of garbage fly out of their trucks.  I saw one big piece if Styrofoam hit a car ahead of me and it was sickening to see so much garbage mile after mile flying out of the top of their trucks. TWICE.  I even took photos.

**********

The GOP is changing rules for waitresses by allowing restaurants to redistribute tips to non-tip employees.

**************

If baking a cake for a gay wedding is endorsing homosexuality then isn't voting for a pedophile is endorsing pedophilia.

***************

Depeche Mode, one of my all time favorite bands as sold more concert tickets then any other artist in the world so far this year, 1.26 million tickets for their tour.

*****

Rubik's Cube - can you solve it in 5 seconds?  That is the record.  My record is NEVER!  a 14 year old solved it IN 5 SECONDS.

https://youtu.be/vh0W8E4cNkQ

It takes longer to get past the ad then to solve the puzzle


Have a great day