Tuesday, October 24, 2017

This and that for a cold Tuesday

Holy crap it's ugly out. Just wait! - NEXT Tuesday we might not hit 40, not that that is that much better then the 46 and 30 mph winds today!  I guess it's time to pay the piper for the 75s

************************

How about Giannis Antetokounmpo making all the headlines in the NBA this year.

The 1st 4 games
Points scored 37, 34, 44, 32
Rebounds 13, 8, 8, 4

A metric that is used to assess the total stats line for a player is called "Game Score" .   In the past 35 years only 2 players have ever done better then The Greek Freak in their first 4 games of the year, Stephen Curry in 2015-16, and Michael Jordan in 1989-90.

The guy is a human highlight real and the Bucks are 3-1

****************************

Speaking of sports you could care less over - My Strat-o-matic team went down in flames . . well . . .no flames at all actually.  I scored 5 runs in a 17 inning playoff game and 3 total runs in the other 5 games total.

In REAL life Aaron Judge for the Yankees struck out 27 times in his 13 playoff games.  In my league Freddie Freeman (.293, .396, .556, 111 RBIs) struck out 15 times in 27 AB's. 

My team which had the 3rd most runs and 2nd most HRs did not hit ONE HR is 6 games.   Our slugging pct was .215  LOL

+++
Elwood and I won 6 of our 9 Fanduel contests. Well, you only have to be in the top 50 to double your money. We went through a couple tough weeks but have recovered nicely in the last 2 weeks. 

*******************************

A lot of sunset photos a few nights ago.



********************************

If you don't complain nothing happens.

Looks like MPs Town Tap changed their profile image on Facebook.  Well done.

I contacted Bush Beans last week with some photos of some beans I tried to eat.  When I say tried to eat . . . I mean I would never let them near my mouth.


Some sort of gelatinous substance in that can.  They ignored me until I put this on their Facebook page.  All of a sudden I got a response. They are going to call me (they say). Or maybe it's their lawyer calling?

************************

New art work on our bedroom wall.


**********************

I had a meeting in the Koch Brothers tower on the Square yesterday and had a good view of the work going on at the post office.  New hotel?


See that square hole bottom right?   20 years ago they were digging that room and I took a photo of a back hoe operator.  2 hours later I found out he died when his back hoe fell into the hole killing him that morning  CREEPY!!

****************************

Mitchell Trubisky of the Bears had the worst QB rating of the year Sunday - yet the Bears won.

***************************

OH OH - back to my virtual life - I'm in the Bob Barker Spay & Neuter Pro-Am. Check out this score card


So disappointing.

**************************

Purdue Pharmaceuticals changed the formulation of OxyContin making them a lot harder to pulverize into a powder. Prescriptions have fallen by 40% for their pills.
+++
Funny Gus story - EVERY TIME when we take him out and his paws get wet  he will run in to chase Sophie and slip and fall on the hardwood floors.   Sophie does this on purpose I believe.
+++

Democrats are raising a CRAP load of money for their congressional races. Double the amount the  Republicans raised at this same point in 2010 and 4 times as much as the Democrats raised in 2016 and 2014.

+++++++++++++++

NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center came out with their Winter Forecast.  Wisconsin is in the "normal" range for both temperature s and precipitation but most of the US will be warmer then average for the 3rd year in a row.

+++++++++++

The Air Force is making preparations to put their nuclear armed B-52s  back into 24 hour readiness by installing new beds for the crews inside the planes.  Everything is running smooth in our government.  Maybe we should Tweet more about the NFL - the REAL problem.

++++++++++++++++++++

For my lawyer friends.  43% of the people that took the CA bar exam passed.
+++

Coming to a TV near you - Billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer is spending $10 million in TV ads calling for Trumps impeachment.  I wonder if Fox will buy any ads.

Trump is only 0.7 away from his worst approval ratings.  Currently at 37.6 (day 278) his lowest was 36.9 on day 221.

*********************

Look for maybe some snow showers Sunday Morning and NEXT Wednesday morning. The weather will actually be a tad better in Door County this weekend with highs around 45 but not really any  . . . . long term gully washers" or anything.  The the best outdoor weather though.