Monday, December 11, 2017

0 for 3, DIRECT TV FUBR

WELL - too bad I never really got to see the Packer game.  DIRECT TV Genie issues so three touchdowns and a fake punt all happened while our three TVs were frozen on the last play.  I was FURIOUS and let DIRECT TV know it.

Good thing that happened before Elwood and I lost all 3 of our fanduel games or I would have become a berserk unit (like in an Avalon Hill war game we had called Platoon Leader).

Having Gus want attention ALL DAY did not help my mood one bit. Of course then Gus starts throwing up this morning at 4:30 all over the place (he's fine now) and I'm so so groggy.

OH OH - yesterday morning I got out early to take photos of James Street where THE CURB thing in front of The Cage is an issue.  Of course patrons ask if I'm with the Press and I say I'm with the city trying to figure out the curb railing issue and BAM I'm getting yelled at by 2 bar people and one guy that pulls over in a truck. Talk about starting the day off GREAT!

So while I'm being spoken too I decide the best thing to do is some personality mirroring,  head bobbing and I throw in some cuss words on my own and then things settled down, since, well,  they were absolutely right in my view. 

So The Curb is being looked into more seriously hopefully this week.

Yesterday was not a day that will go down as a wonderful day.

I was playing around with some filters with a boring shot.


*****************************

Then there is this election and all other elections and the liberal media are doing exactly what they did to get Trump elected.  Never talking about issues but only talking about how bad and corrupt the other guys is. Anyone know what Doug Jones stands for?   Didn't think so.  It's all Moore and all Trump all the time.

PEOPLE - It's TRUE - even bad press is good advertising.  DID YOU NOT LEARN ANYTHING?

The "liberal" media is the best thing the far right have going for them.  You know more about Moore then Jones don't you?  17% of Alabamans live in poverty yet republicans down there say all is good. Stay the course. Those 17% have a hard time voting anyway.

So, with our own election in Wisconsin I thought I would reprint this from a friend who is a political professor at the UW and his views on the left side candidates.

First off - Tony Evers – Wi Superintendent of Schools: Evers has a few pluses. First he has actually run and won more than once for statewide office. Second, during a time when the Republicans literally are going after public education because they perceive it as Liberals being hurt financially, having a champion of public education is a plus. He can call BS on Walker when he tries to pretend he has been good for education in Wisconsin, as the Ph.D. and "advanced degree holders" flee Wisconsin in historic numbers that are so obvious even Walker himself has noticed. I have voted for Evers in the past. I don’t consider myself decided for 2018 but if I was voting right now Evers would likely be my choice today.

*******************

OH - since I am not running for office I am backing Jason Theilen.  I felt I needed to stay in office until I knew someone with more energy (and smarter) then I would run and this dude is outstanding.  Fantastic ideas and by far a great replacement if he wins.  

+++++++++++++++++++

Did you know Puerto Rico has not gotten one dime of the $4.9 billion short term loan promised from our government for hurricane help?   Seems they are too busy with tax reform to help Americans.  64 people died during the hurricane and 1,052 have died because of no drinking water or electricity SINCE the hurricane.  Your government hard at work making money for large corporations.

They came up with that number by comparing the average number of deaths during that time frame with this year.   BUT - our government does not care for it's citizens since they can't vote.  Only on tax reform for old white people with money.      

One thing that is making people angry is there is a new thing going through congress that will allow all restaurants to take waitress tips and distribute them to the rest of the staff. 

Talking to a few waitresses this is already done illegally if you give a tip by credit card as some large chains will keep a portion of that tip for themselves.  NEVER give a tip by CC, only cash!!  


*******************

Back to football - I HOPE Rodgers DOES NOT PLAY this year.  WHY risk it.  Seriously - the Packers have ALMOST zero chance of making the playoffs.  

I read an article about the current coaches in the NFL and how they are all so . . . bad.  The gist of the article was that the NFL keeps hiring the old school coaches that were really good when they have a great QB but then are so mundane when they don't.  YET - they are hired because they were so good with a great QB.  

Things like punting when it has been proven to be a bad strategy almost ALWAYS.  Or attempting to run kick returns back which is almost ALWAYS bad.  Even if you run the ball to the 45 there is a 50% chance there is a penalty.  

The 23 yard line is the key.  Get to the 24 and you have a positive chance of scoring get to the 22 and you have a negative chance of scoring.  YET - old school thought says go for it. 


Nuff said - I need coffee. 

See ya