Monday, March 26, 2018

Get your rain gauges out!!

We all know I'm a very private person that likes to keep his inner most thoughts and desires to himself but I have to say this:

No matter how good a Greenbush apple fritter is . . . do not eat half of one in one sitting as it will come back to haunt you a few days . . and night . .  later . . . nuff said.

In other news - I had my first Alfredo in maybe 3 decades Sunday.  We went to Olive Garden to have some "Italian" food and I ordered Chicken Marsala as I always do and . . .they no longer have it.

OH! they have STUFFED Chicken Marsala but that is totally different.  I don't want cheese stuffed inside my chicken so I ordered something else that happened to have alfredo. I have not had this since it was the last meal I had before I caught the flu.  nuff said.

I have this thing where I seem to remember things that involve throwing up.  Desert Storm - Shock and Awe was watched with my head in a bucket.  The house next door to me in Fort Atkinson caught fire . . where was I?  Tossing cookies 100 feet away.  sigh

************************

Who watched 60 Minutes last night - AMAZING episode about Giannis Antetokounmpo - bravo.  OH - there was that Stormy Daniels thing - WHO CARES.  What consenting adults do is something I could care less about - OH - the cover up part was interesting but seriously.  Sex between to consenting adults?  COME ON. Get over it.  None of my OR YOUR business, they were adults (creepy ones but nevertheless, adults).

***********************

Saw this awesome little home tip for decorating on Facebook



Who would not want a lot of these in your living room or office. I think the Columbus Officesupply.com should have these for sale to spruce up your office and make it a happier place. Maybe decorate council chambers with this little heads. 

*************************

OH - then there is this.

https://youtu.be/2PLC_cBJwk4


************************

PUT YOUR RAIN GAUGES OUT!

After 20 days on not a drop of rain look for a good dosing tonight (hmmmm - just saw my weather station is not reporting).   Starting around sun down and then a quick warming trend starts culminating on Wednesday when we COULD hit 60 (probably not but there is hope)  followed by a 6 day cooling trend but nothing drastic.

****************************

There is this guy who has hitched rides 2,350 times all around the world and has written a book.  The main thing is he says the easiest place to get a ride is Iran.   Yea - that is NOT on my bucket list is hitch hiking across Iran. 

I've hitch hiked to the west coast twice, never made it.  Got to the mountains and stopped for their beauty.  I always carried a big ass knife with a 6 inch blade with me and only had to get it out once on a ride.  I was near the Dells on my 2nd to last day on an adventure and some dude was getting a little too friendly.

*************************

Remington Outdoor has been making guns for 198 years, filed for bankruptcy yesterday.  Since Trump became President sales have dropped dramatically and with the coming gun regs and young people not wanting to buy guns like the old days . . . . . bye bye.

OH - I'm not anti gun at all - I love them butt here is a time and place for everything and assaults weapons are not needed.  If you feel you need an assault rifle to protect your self perhaps you need to look at your life in general and make some changes. 

*************************

Not sure if you saw it the other night but there was a star just below the moon.  It was gorgeous.  Looking it up on my two star apps "Star Guide" and Starmap" I see it was Aldebaran, a red giant. 

Check this image of how big Aldebaran is compared to our Sun.  GULP.   Get out the SPF 20,000 aldebaran block.


**************************

Got an Android phone? Sucks to be you as Facebook has been tracking your calls and text messages on Androids for the past few years.  Well, you DID give them permission right?  Unless you did not read that part of the permission question before clicking on SURE - go for it button. 

************************

How's your brackets!  Of the 17 million people entered in ESPNs Tournament Challenge only 83,292 people had Loyola-Chicago reaching the final four.  Of which I have to think 83,000 were ex-Loyala graduates and 292 were just drunk.

************************

Last week I decided I need to take more notes to remember things that are interesting.  This morning I decided to take BETTER notes as I do not understand the notes I took.

*********************

We are so confused.  I got my Amazon Prime account back after calling Amazon.  They said they have been sending e-mails.  I said - NOPE.  They said did you look in your SPAM folder? I said YUP - nothing.  They said - do a search on Amazon.  I did . . . WAIT - where are all of these being stored? I have like 20 messages. 

I still have no clue where all of these messages are, not SPAM, not INBOX, not TRASH, some secret folder I don't know about? 

Anyway - there is a show on the PBS Masterpiece channel called Jamestown.  VERY VERY interesting. Brought to you by the same team that created Downton Abby.   About woman (called maids) who came to America in the early 1600s. The PROBLEM is that you have to sign up for the channel (like $6) but we can only see episode 1 so far.  Not the rest.

I THINK we have to finished our 1 week free trial???  I have no idea but both of us want to see the next episode.   

**********************

Spent this weekend hanging images on our many walls in The Groove Lounge downstairs.  I ordered a giant metal image to go above our counter top where the sink and kegorator is. We also purchased have a small refrigerator  . . . . FAIL!! 

DJ gets it all out of the box and is ready to put it in it's place  . . BUT WAIT.  the final thing in the instructions says "Not for use under counter".    WHAT - the LAST thing says that? 

Stupid instructions.

This was like a Samsung TV we got that was a total bitch to get out of the box.  I finally get to the instructions that are in the middle of the box.  The first instructions are how to get the TV out of the box.  sigh!  COME ON!!     

OH the image I ordered - oddly I only sold one of these and it's one of my favorites. Should look awesome on metal.  It's one of the first railroad pocket watches and it's nearing 100 years old (the watch, not the image).  The inside is beautiful silver which does not look as wonderful without color.

*********************

FINALLY and of very little interest.  I cam in FIRST PLACE in the Master Qualifying Tournament.  Yet - I get nothing.  The Event was held over three tours and 520 contestants.  I won MY tour with a -25 but the REAL winner had -28.  I do not make the Masters. 

However - the TGCTour Masters will have MUCH faster greens then what I "played" on. 

Have a day.