Wednesday, April 11, 2018

NO - A Major Winter Storm? Seriously?

WOW - talk about my last night on Council where I just wanted to stay in the background and the very last thing had me so pissed off.   I wanted to say something but kept thinking it's not my place, I'm no longer in the mix.

Having some woman who spews hate and lies about Whole Body Strong really ticked me off.  There is a reason that organization is universally loved and why the city soccer program has a bad reputation.

If it was up to me I would dump Columbus Soccer completely, save the city money and have Whole Body Strong take over. It makes fiscal sense. Why should a city have a program that takes up the directors time and money when an outside organization can do it cheaper and better. Then we could concentrate on new things for Columbus residents - not duplicating something we already have. 

Why spend so much energy on chest pounding when we could have MORE things.

BUT - no longer my worry . . . . . . I just have to keep saying that for a while. 

OH - I'm really not as mad as I sound - that woman really ticked me off with her fabrications of the facts. 

ANYWAY - I'll get off my bandwagon.  I've mentioned this before at budget time and won't mention it again.

I actually had a teary moment for a bit in the COW as I was realizing how much I would miss the mundane adventures . . . it passed.

******************

So with 4 vacations coming up this summer we finalized hotels in Denver next the Coors Field and Winter Park, I'm learning a little French for a trip to Quebec, will practice some card counting for Las Vegas and of course Door County.   Hopefully there will be no snow in June.

SNOW?

A European model  (the good one) is saying Sunday there is a chance for 5-8 inches of snow.  Green Bay could have blizzard conditions.  The main energy will be north but it COULD slide more south.

From the NOAA scientific conversation - The 00z European model (ecmwf) solution is rather interesting showing the potential for a rather impressive snowfall for mid April. The GFS on the other hand shows a much more conservative scenario although still some snow to contend with Sunday into Monday before the system exits.          

SHIT!

************************

Then clueless Walker signs a bill saying my buddy Elwood who works 23 hours a week at $9 an hour and how he will no loner get his $70 in food share because he has to work 30 hours and not 20 now.

The GOP says the bast way to get people working and out of being poor is to make them work.   MORONS - do they think people WANT to be poor?  are they that stupid?  Tell the homeless to go home?  Just screw the poor because they are the boogyman.

How about raising the minimum wage so when people DO work they can afford to buy food.

Meanwhile New York is HELPING the poor by making all bus and subway fairs half price if you are below the poverty line.

And people wonder why Wisconsin is one of the few States LOSING population?  OH - The GOP will say it's because the poor are moving to other states to get free food. Yea - because the poor are SO able to just move around the country at will. 

**********************

HEY - I didn't mention I won the Master Qualifying Tournament 3 weeks ago in virtual golf.  I was bumped up to Class-A on TGCTours and am struggling.  Class-A is just below the "pro" circuit.  I think I'll be bumped down to Class B after this week.   I did have a 183 yard eagle yesterday :-)

We have our first REAL golf meeting Wednesday at The Oaks.  Forecast, high of 44 with snow showers in the morning. sigh!

***********************

Is LeBron James the next Steph Curry?   James is shooting 3-pointers better then anyone since 2000-2001 hitting 52.3% of his shots.

The last team the Bucks want to face in the play offs is Cleveland even though the Cavs are the 29th best defensive team.  The Bucks have no answer for James.  Milwaukee WANTs to play Boston in the playoffs to have a chance to lose in 7 games.

Then there are the 76's ers.  If Philly beats the Bucks in the final game tonight they will go into the playoffs with the longest winnings streak EVER for a team entering the playoffs and will probably play the Bucks in the playoffs.

*********************

A department store in Minneapolis was being remodeled when a mummifies monkey was found in a wall.  There was a rumor 50 years ago about a monkey escaping from a pet store on the 8th floor.  Only a rumor though . . . . NOT!!   and people were wondering what that odd smell was?

********************

Paul Ryan - so long.

Iggy (front) Sophie (back)
********************

SO this is how my morning goes.  6:00.  Iggy the 16 pound cat (only 2 pounds over weight) wakes up and climbs on my chest sticking his nose to my nose to see if I'm dead yet.

Gus sees this and thinks Iggy is eating my face (as cats do) so he paws at Iggy,

Iggy then wakes up Sophie, the tiny enforcer, and then they have a fight which Gus thinks looks like great fun and jumps in.

Then since he is up he might as well ring the out out bell.

AND . . . . .  WE'RE UP!

**************************

Glad I stayed up for THAT Brewer game last night!  Seriously?  Our fireman closer comes in with a man on 2nd leading 3-2 in the 9th, throws a wild pitch, a ball, another wild pitch to score a run and another ball to walk a guy.

Then in the 10th. with 2 outs the walks a batter where the announcer said just put the ball on a tee and let him hit as he is no threat to get on base.   And it goes down hill after that.

sigh!

***************************

and that is my gripe session for today.