Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Last City Council for me! Actually sad :-(

It seems every time I go to Pic-n-Save they decide to not stock one more thing I used to buy there.

First it was small bottles of Cholula, then it was a large size of kitty treats, then they decided to no longer carry chipped beef, (you know for that dip or shit on a shingle salted beef stuff ) and now onion bagels and still no Sassy Cow Milk.

Separately no big deal but it all adds up. I want to give business to Columbus but if it's not offered here there is HyVee and W W W Woodmans.

And another thing - the snow we have on the ground now just looks stupid.  Look at it!  Just chunks of what looks like fake white snow globs.  That is the weird thing. The snow rocks are so white and not dirty at all.

 ************************

Let's talk weather - SADLY the amazing forecast is going downhill. Wednesday and Thursday will be great good not SUPER great as first advertised. The issue is clouds.  Too many.  So mostly cloudy both days and highs around 60 (not nearing 70 that SUN would have given us) . Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday will be . . .  A LOT of rain, a good amount of rain, 1-3 inches of wintry mix and morning snow in that order.  WONDERFUL!

and of course rain Wednesday night. Basically 6 days of wet weather but a couple days of "warm" wet weather.

SPRING!!!

************************   

Brewers - SO - if you had a choice of losing in the last inning would you take:

A. three infield errors in a row or
B.  walking 4 batters batters in a row.

The Brewers won with B. last night!   

*******************************

Columbus 980 News!!

980 News | March 2018 from Columbus Wisconsin on Vimeo.

******************************

Fullbacks - in the NFL last year on average a team took 1,015.7 offensive snaps in a year.  The average fullback in the NFL was in 182.4 of those snaps.  If you are a fullback in collage . . . . you better have another occupation lined up for this dying position.

************************

Remember my MLB favorite player Ryan Schimpf? The guy that was cut out of Rob Deers genes (that sounds weird I know). WELL - he is BACK IN THE MAJORS and doing what he does. Homes Runs, walks and strikeouts.

In 7 (SEVEN) plate appearances since being called up he has 2 runs, 2 RBIs, 1 hit, 1 home run, 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.  Oddly his stats this year in the minor leagues was 0-10 with 5 strikeouts!  Yea - seems good enough to get called up!  LOL 

***************

We're training Gus with a Dog Guard fence. I'm not totally sold on this way of electrocuting a dog if he goes out of our yard and I really hate the metal spikes that are inserted into his throat to ZAP him.  But he seems to have learned pretty quick and never wants to go near the back yard now - VICTORY!

Actually he is doing well. He would not go near the yellow flags unless I go on the OTHER side and tell him to "come".  Then he does like a good dog and I feel so guilty as he gets buzzed.  I didn't know he would actually "come".

So I took off his collar as I'm suppose to and carried him back across the invisible fence.  Of course as I was doing this I was holding the "collar from hell" in my hand and I GOT ZAPPED and yelped!

*****************

93% of all bottled water contains bits of plastic floating around including polypropylene, polystyrene, nylon and polyethylene.  Why do people drink that overpriced tap water garbage. It really is someone else's tap water you know.

Unless you are in Flint Michigan where the Fed has decided that residents will no longer get free bottled water even though they still have lead issues.  There is a border wall to build you know to save us from the marauding Mexican hordes coming our way.

***********************

Tonight is my last City Council.  I remember so vividly my first one council.  We literally had a room of angry people as we dealt with Eisenga-land and the FUBR improperly built Sentry Store. What a total clusterf*ck that was.  Allow the store to be built and it would effect ALL city ordinances. Strip clubs, check cashing stores, loan shops and all sorts of crappy establishments were on the table and Council was taking all sorts of grief for not allowing these outstanding shops.

Mayor Crombie came up with a solution (not that I can remember what it was) but I tell ya - THAT was quite an initiation.

But I digress.

I was just thinking of that as I was tossing out 300 pounds of agendas from the last 4 years.

***************************

Here is a Thank You Professor Obvious headline of the day!

Why the FBI's raid on Michael Cohen's office could spell trouble for Trump


Really?

I like this bullet point

Cohen's mounting legal exposure also raises the possibility that he will "flip" against Trump. 

********************

80% of teenagers prefer iPhone to Android. This must make Apple very happy and 82% of teenagers own an iPhone up from 78% last fall.

**************

Nuff said