Monday, April 9, 2018

Prickers on the pee pee

So it seems Trump Tower, the greatest tower ever built, where the guy dies because of a fire in his apartment . . . . has no sprinkler system.   Trump fought against having them installed because it would cost $4 a foot and he is . . . . . too rich? to afford that?   The building was built before regulations were mandated. Those pesky regulations are for loser liberals I guess.

The guy that died had been trying to sell his place for a while but he could not give it away. Nobody can move out because nobody wants to buy an apartment to live there.

OF COURSE ,while I'm on a roll . . . Trump, the guy that blasted Obama for telling the enemy what he was going to do, told the world, "America is pulling out of Syria", which prompted his buddy Putin and Assad to gas the children of Syria because America was not going to do anything.   

Wise move DOPE!  What a freaking buffoon we have running the country.

********************************

WEATHER - Cool today but warming up to above average Wednesday thru Friday as we hit the 60s  . . . and then a crappy weekend.  We actually COULD (with luck) get to 70 on Thursday before thunderstorms Friday. Rain Saturday, ice and snow Sunday with highs not reaching 40 and windy.

**********************************

GUS has a warning for other dogs

no dogs were hurt while taking this photo

Don't just run into a bunch of weeds chasing ball as your pee pee will get full of prickers and your daddy (not your mommy) will have to pull them all off . . . . carefully.  HEY - I know all about that  - I had a ... zipper issue once when I was a little kid! 

**************************

The Masters - I tell ya - if you want excitement play a Fanduel tournament for golf. More exciting then the NFL.   I missed out on making money.  I needed to be in 50th place or better.  I ended in 55th place. I blame Alexander Noren, my 2nd most expensive player, for missing the cut and I only got 8.2 points out of him.  I ended with 385 points and missed the money by 8 points.  My next worst player had 51.5 points (Bryson DeChambeau) to give you an idea.

It didn't help when my 3rd most expensive player, Bubba Watson, putted the ball INTO the sand trap.  COME ON - even I have never done that and I had done some pretty stupid things.

I tee'd off once at The Oaks and my ball landed LITERALLY 20 yards behind me.

Have I ever mentioned I golfed a few times with Dwight Armstrong? One of the dudes that bombed Sterling Hall and then connected with the Symbionese Liberation Army while they were holding Patty Hearst?

He worked for Union cab for a while after getting out of prison AGAIN and I am friends with the owners of Union Cab.  He owned The Radical Rye Deli for a while in Madison and died of lung cancer in 2010. The guy smoked like a there was no tomorrow on the course.

******************

Brewers - sigh.  WOW - that final inning on Saturday was absurd with the amount of ineptness in the infield.  What a horrific letdown!

*******************

100,000 teenagers in California have pre-registered to vote.

**************

A Quiet Place starring Emily Blunt and directed by her husband John Krasinski (Andy in The Office) earned 50 million this weekend.  It cost 17 million to make and was estimated to make 34 million.

MEANWHILE we watched "Battle of the Sexes" starting Emma Stone and Steve Carell and loved it.   Very true to the actual happenings, some slight time shifting but otherwise good. The love between Billy Jean's and her new friend is magnificently done and very . . . . tender and totally understandable.  Great movie - recommended.

https://youtu.be/WMdzBwsZRX8


   

***********************

FAIL!!


Seriously? 


*************

Don't look now but the Russian Stock market is crashing - at this moment down almost 10.4% just today.  

Have a great day!

Rod