Monday, May 14, 2018

#Asurion iPhone insurance SCAM

Columbus WI: Elderly senior gets hit by school bus after uncontrolled ride down driveway on office furniture during Bring Out Your Dead Week. . . is something that could have happened but I caught myself.

******************************

ATT and their scam-like iPhone insurance.   OH - I was/am furious. 

Having many issues with breaking phones we decided maybe to get insurance.  Well, a couple weeks ago I was playing with the protective plastic on my 8+ screen and it got a bubble in it and I took it off.

Of course 2 weeks later I drop it face down on the cement and it cracks. LUCKILY I have insurance which says they And I was told will cover fixing it for $49. 

Here is the problem. They will fix it ONLY if YOU can find a qualified place to fix it.

WELL - I have fixed screens 3 times and Madison has like 20 places.  All I have to do is put in a zip code online and it will tell me where to go. 

I entered ALL 24 ZIP codes - not ONE qualifies for #Asurion insurance.  On the phone I asked WHERE is one in Madison, a rather large town.  So they said what is the zip code.  NO NO - I went through that. Well, that is the only way they can find one.  SERIOUSLY?  An insurance company who's computer system is so archaic they can't or won't  tell you where to get you insured phone fixed?  You can't type in WISCONSIN?  Or MADISON?   Nope -  I have to literally put in a zip code, wait 30 seconds and get turned down.

What a bunch of f*cking bullshit!   I guess I got a little angry YET polite at one of the call center people.  I said "I am not made YOU but t you work at a b*llshit scam insurance company". and hung up.

Well, I guess they deleted all my information so when I called back I had no claim at all and had to start all over.  OH - I have to send a copy of my proof of purchase AND an image of my photo ID.  I can get like $20 off on a fix it job as they send me a NEW phone to replace the old one.

I will cancel #Asurion ASAP when I get my phone.

***********************

I read what Baseball Prospectus thought of Freddie Peralta BEFORE his MLB debut yesterday for the Brewers.

The Brewers got Peralta in the Adam Lind trade with Seattle in 2015. They called him a "stealth prospect" because he was slated to be a swingman - part Starter and part bullpen and because he does not have the "classic" pitcher's body (whatever that is - sounds old school).

Since being in the Brewers organization  his stats have been pretty impressive with strikeout numbers near Kneble range in the 11.5 per 9 innings. His ERA, FIP and DRA are all very respectable but he does walk a good number of guys but he has consistently out pitched expectations.

The scouting report says he throws across his body which add deception and he only has two pitches although his fast ball which is 89-93 mph is actually two or three different pitches as the speed changes what the ball does, either cutting it, running it or sinking it and he has a very good slider with a sharp bite on the end.

He gets a LOT of swinging strikes high in the zone and when he misses it's outside (I believe 12 of his 13 K's were swing strikes).

WELL - that was a pretty good debut yesterday!  5.2 innings, 1 hit, 13 ks and 2 walks.
+++++

We have been watching the Colorado series as we're going to go to a game at Coors Field June 8th the day after we see Brit Floyd at Red Rocks Amphitheater.  Looking at what seats we should get.  The Rockpile which is WAY up in Center field ($8 a seat) but we're walking around a lot anyway.

My BUCKET LIST concert is still Nightwish.  I know most people never look at music videos other post but this song ran through my head ALL 9 holes Wednesday night. I wonder if music helps golf.

A fusion of classical music and metal with plenty of pyrotechnics. Oddly many bands NOT from America do not do 3 minute songs. It's seems different "over there" musically.   These guys sell out huge outdoor stadiums in Europe all the time.  DJ say's it's not a concert but more of a performance.

Being a classic music lover AND heavy metal this is a perfect combination.  If I can turn on one person to this outstanding band my life is a success LOL

https://youtu.be/aTAaEHiGjvU


Watched a Cream concert on AXEtv Friday night - WOW - so so good.  I don't think I ever saw them "live".  Always like their songs but seeing the three live  WOW - what an awesome band - I think they will go far.

**************************

SO - in other news - The Artic ice is growing younger by the year.  IN 1984 61% of the ice in the arctic was multi year ice, Now in 2017 only 34% is multi year ice and ONLY 2% of all the ice is older then 5 years old.  SCARED!

*************

15% of all weddings in 2017 ended up in a barn, a farm or a ranch.  Up 2% from 2009.

****************

Republicans are losing ground in California. The number of registered Democrats in CA is staying the same but the number of Republicans is dropping being replaced by independents and for the first time there are more independents then Republicans in CA.

*****************

Two years ago the U.S. had a shortage of 78,000 truck drivers.   As of this year there is a shortage of  280,000 truck drivers.

+++++++++++++++

Partial no-hitters.   There have been more partial no-hitters (5th, 6th 7th innings) this year then since the late 60s with 28 so far.  In fact on any given day there is a possibility that a partial no-hitter is being thrown.

***************

I was talking to home builders about Columbus because I was curious about home prices and how expensive they were in here. With Columbus citizens getting crazed about needing new schools AND the lack of housing I think the City and School system better get their act together and figure this out.

I have not yet begun to complain about lack of housing growth in Columbus.

Seems we have a SERIOUS lack of places to build and everybody wants to move to Columbus.  While it APPEARS Columbus home prices are high, the people buying our homes are coming from Madison, Sun Prairie and towns around Columbus (Oregon was mentioned) BECAUSE we are cheap.

A typical 200K home in Columbus would sell for $280,000 in Madison.  The PROBLEM is that the older houses are not selling because people don't know how to fix things and there is a serious lack of fixers to pay to fix things plus banks seem to be refusing to give loans.

One loan company went out of business last week (owned by Mr. Eisenga) so that option is no longer available. Plus any business that is stupid enough to advertise they are Trump supporters is just a stupidly run business in the first place. What a bunch of morons.

I mean even a guy with no filter has enough brains not to advertise his political views when trying to sell things.  I could have sold a lot of anti-walker images in art fairs but no - I'm not that ignorant



But I digress.