Friday, May 11, 2018

New Technology helps in golf.

Technology can even help a 20 handicap golfer.  I mentioned I went to Nevada Bobs and purchased a couple new clubs, a 5W and 7W to replace some old used clubs.

I had been thinking about this for a while and wondering if new technology could actually help.  It does.  I had my first real swings on actual grass and WOW!   Confidence is high!  Although I only swung my 5W once and it did lose my most expensive ball but the 30 mph left to right wind had some help.

The Oaks seems to have more challenges the Door Creek but a little shorter and when only OUR foursome took shots out of the mud bunkers (2 bunkers 5 shots) I still managed to have the low net for the league (the rest of the league was told to NOT play in the muddy sand bunkers).

Both new clubs put a lot of height on the balls and they went far.  In fact I came away from Wednesday night golf feeling pretty pretty cocky even with a 47 on the front 9 in wet wet conditions.

Feeling splurgey I purchased a dozen Volvik Vivid (the legal ones) balls and you can see them clearly in the rough from 200 yards away. So far I like them but will only play them on courses where I would lose a dozen in 9 holes.

They are "flat" colored, not the normal shiny.

 Of course time will tell. I purchased some Maxfli balls last year that were 40 compression. YES - FORTY and they were like hitting a super ball off the tee.  Outstanding distance.  LOVED them . . . . . until I had to chip and putt and then it was like chipping and putting . . a super ball.  They just bounced off the club with GREAT distance . . . not what you hope for LOL

We shall see. They are probably not the best ball for me and my skill level. More of a Pro-V1 style ball and anybody with a handicap over 15 should never use.  I find more Pro-V1s in my yard more then any other ball.  If you are hitting a Pro-V1 you should almost never be in the rough.

I hit ended up five fairways with the Vivid so . . . so far so good. 

********************************

Latest meaningless poll has Obama over Trump 56% to 37% but in another poll Americans think Clinton would have been better only 47% to 44%.

The top issue for Republicans in the coming election is 1. The Economy (which is fine) 2. immigration (which is racism) and 3. less guns regulations.

The top issues for Democrat's 1. Health Care 2. more gun regulations 3. the economy (which is fine).

More woman are donating to political races then in 2014 (the last Mid Term)

************

Movies - the 2018 box office take is 18-20% higher then last year.

Starbucks announced you can use their bathrooms 100% of the time whenever you like.

There have been two truck accidents to note - one was a tanker filled with 10 tons of liquid chocolate - seems like a mess to clean up.

another one was much easier to clean up - in fact I think if you left it it would clean up on it's own.   How about 8 million dimes all over the freeway. 

*****************

WEATHER - rain all day today. thunderstorms Tuesday into Wednesday when we hit 80 degrees and warm the first part of next week, cooling off late week to the low 70s 

Sunny and 70 on Mothers day.

Have a great weekend !