Friday, September 4, 2026

The Golden Shoe

1. Hiatus 
2. The Golden Shoe
3. teaser - new Colman Grill experiment 

Best way to see if there is a new blog is just click on 

https://publicenemiescolumbus.blogspot.com/  
    OR - there is a subscribe button somewhere on the right side.  Again - I get nothing from this - Google says I have controversial topics on my 2000+ blogs but they won't share where they are - WHAT?  ME? CONTROVERSIAL?  It's how I was elected to city council for gosh sakes. DID I MENTION Columbus Water and Light have a spotlight shining on my house 8 months a year?    

***********************************

Thinking out loud as I work on the NAMELESS System  -   Maybe I should bet ALL the games?  If it is winning at 4.6% ROI am I missing games to bet on?  I'll have to do some number crunching.  Probably not but . . with so much data collecting I'm always looking for patterns 

****************************

Went 3-1 last night on the Main non-wagering system so its looking better SLIGHTLY. You can see a very small uptick at the very end.  Things can happen quickly though.  NOTE -I do have Brewers winning tonight and Bauers has a great night - we shall see  


This is what The System looks like at the stop wagering point.  

The ISSUE is I go camping every so often for a few days and can't do The System.  OH - I can recreate every thing once I get home so no data is lost.  I always hope I'm camping on a hiatus.  

************************************

The Golden Shoe- DJ and I took a road trip to check out 13 casinos in Minnesota and Wisconsin. I was in my card counting days.  Long Story shorter  - - we were nearing the end and on the way back to Madison was Hole In The Wall casino. 

DJ had had enough so I said - "I'm just going in for ONE shoe just to check it off the list - be back in 15 minutes". 

I buy in for $40 and sit down at a $5 table betting $5.  There was one other player and a couple hands in the count started to turn positive as many small cards were being delt.  After about 5 hands of winning I raised my bet to $10. 

About that time some big LOUD Texan kind of guy with that little string tie thing around his neck with a suit coat sits next to me and slams a green chip ($25) on the table and off we go.  WIN WIN WIN and this guy is LOUD I mean LOUD. 

The count keeps getting better and Tex is annoying me a little as EVERYBODY is now watching our table of screamers and high fivers. NO - I want to be quiet and incognito

WIN WIN WIN and pretty soon I'm betting $25 and Tex is betting $75 and then he shoving out $100 WIN WIN WIN.  THIS GUY is SCREAMING with every win and casino suits are starting inch closer to us to pay more attention . . . . TO HIM!! I'm the little guy next to him - shhhhhhh.   

Meanwhile my stack of chips is growing and growing but nobody notices ME as I went from a quiet $5 to betting $40 a hand. And this is a $5 table.  People come and go at the table and they keep losing and I feel bad FOR THEM.  US?   WIN WIN WIN   

The 4? deck shoe comes to an end and Tex has a shit load of chips and I have maybe $500? in front of me.  he Maybe has $1000?  

They change dealers and a more adult person steps in and now I see there are a more then a few Casino suits watching closely. 

WELL - new deck the count is back to zero.  Tex pushes out $100 and I take one tiny red chip from my huge stack and push out $5. I KNOW this raises eyebrows but its my last shoe - I gotta get out of here. 

That last shoe of $5 wagers I lost $30 and Tex?  he lost almost all of his stack. Maybe $700? 

THATS enough for me and they bring a bucket to put all my chips in.   I walk to the cashier and TRY to cash out.  The lady adds it all up and then says "I'll be right back"  BEFORE she gives me my money. 

And I wait . . and wait  . . and wait.   I KNOW the Eye In The Sky is looking for any tells, going through all the hands of both Tex and I.    We had one of our team banned from the Miss Marquette Riverboat Casino a year earlier so I was waiting for the boot. (you really can have your lips move when counting cards LOL)   

BUT - was it me? was it me and Tex?  I was good at counting but the count was SO high I didn't even bother counting any more. I was just high fiving Tex. 

10 minutes later she comes back and hands me $450.  I walk out to DJ in the car and apologize for taking so long and then toss $450 onto her lap!!  The GOLDEN SHOE!    

*************************
 

Tomorrow  - What happens when you cook 4 burgers on a new Coleman Sports Grill using 4 different times to flip.

Gus the Weather Dog was SO confused.





No comments:

Post a Comment